UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

POS(Point of Sale) automation with UFT

Hi

I have gone through the guides and googled for information regarding POS automation with UFT but no luck.
Could you please point me in the right direction as to how I can get started.

1. How do I connect to the POS Machine - UFT agent install on POS Machine/vnc/team viewer ?

2. Type of recording/scripting/method to learn objects.

Any help appreciated

0 Likes
6 Replies
Absent Member..

Hi RHoward,

Not sure what is your POS environment like.

Usually it is a native windows application and for this case, you need to have UFT installed on the same machine for scripting/recording. 

I don't think there is any guide specifically for POS system out there. But it is regardless of the application. The method and approach of automating the test with HP UFT is still the same. 

For the first time, you might want to try by selecting/enabling all add-ins.

I would recommend you to try out the Flight Reservation windows application that comes with HP UFT to get the feel of it. 

Here is the of UFT/QTP recording on Flight Reservation application [LINK]

Hope this helps!

-Q-

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi HJ-Quick

The POS system is for a food retail store. We can't load UFT on the POS machine like a normal application.

The POS machine does not have enough resources(memory, hdd etc..) for UFT to be installed with all the required software UFT needs. That is why I need to load a qtp "Agent" or remote to the machine and do the recordiing/scripting.

Regards,

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi All

The POS sounds like a mobile style app.

Hav eyou considered using selenium or appium to drive the device and relay the objects to/from UFT that way?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I have worked on automation of a retail POS application. We had the simulator for the POS app (.exe) provided by the dev team, using which we tested the scripts.

Once, we tried installing it in the POS machine also, but I dont exactly remember whether that worked out. The POS screen used to be statically occupying the full screen on the POS machines and I am not sure if it allowed to execute the scripts on it.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi all,

I have very good knowledge on UFT and ALM. I have to automate IBM Toshiba POS system. Please let me if this can be done using UFT with what addins?

Thanks,

Anil.

Thanks,
Anil Nandam.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

Use team viewer at dev machine and hit that TP Linux ip of POS where you want to run automation.

like as below:

ImportTestData TC_ID,TC_Run,TC_Name
GetImportedData UserID,UserPin,Article,Pay_Mode,PayAmt,PaymentMedia,CardType1,CardNo1,CardType2,CardNo2

Window("0.0.0.0 - TeamViewer -").Activate
Temp_SignOFF
CloseCounter_Verification TC_Run,TC_ID,TC_Name
Temp_Signon ""&UserPin

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.