Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Problem installing UFT 12.53 - "Failed to download and install Microsoft Script Debugger"

Hello,

Twice I tried to install UFT 12.53 and both times this error "Failed to download and install Microsoft Script Debugger:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/7/d/77d8df05-6fbc-4718-a319-be14317a6811/scd10en.exe. Please check log file for more information."

Where do I find this log file?

Is Microsoft Script Debugger really needed by UFT?  Is the file really big that it cannot be included in the UFT install package?

Is there any work-around to this problem?

Thanks.

Gilbert

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi,

UFT will work without the debugger, but it's the only way you will be able to run a test in debug mode.

A .zip file with the debugger was shared in this post. You can download it and install it separately.

http://community.hpe.com/t5/Unified-Functional-Testing/Microsoft-Script-Debugger-Not-Installing-I-get-the-following/td-p/6860982

Hope this helps!

Accept as solution and give kudos to the author if the information helped you solve your problem.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Ok. Thanks Mihai.  I downloaded and installed and hoping that is good enough without re-installing UFT 12.53.

Please let me know if re-installation of UFT 12.53 is needed.

Thanks.

Gilbert

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

No reinstallation should be needed.

Best regards.

Accept as solution and give kudos to the author if the information helped you solve your problem.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Mihai,

I'm having the same problem. I found and manually download scd10en.exe file. I do not know how to install it.

I've tried 2 paths so far:

1) To run Program Files (x86)\HP\Unified Functional Testing\bin\UFTInstallReqs

This gave me option to download and install. Since download fails the install does not happen.

2) To run Start >All Programs > HP Software >HP Unified Functional Testing> Tools > Additional Installation Requirements

For this one I could not find Additioanl Instalation Requrements under Tools option. 

I am running UFT version 12.53 build 2027.

Thanks for help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

You do not need to do anything in UFT for this installation. Just run the scd10en.exe file as an administrator, follow the installation steps and you are ready to go with the debugging functionality working fine in UFT.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.