Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Problem when I use "set" method on a JavaEdit object

Hi all!

I'm learning/using HP QTP 10 and automating some business activities in a Java CRM application. When I try insert text in a java object "JavaEdit" with the method "set" the text doesn't insert completely and I get the following message error in a new window:
"Error 404--Not Found
From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:
10.4.5 404 Not Found".

For example, in my script I try to complete the JavaEdit "Comentarios" with the string: "Creado por JMB" but when QTP runs the script only writes "Creado" in the textbox.

The script is the following, having the error in line 15:

JavaWindow("Ejecutivo de interacción").JavaMenu("Dar de alta").JavaMenu("Contacto").Select
JavaWindow("Ejecutivo de interacción").JavaInternalFrame("Crear Contacto").JavaList("Tipo de Documento:").Select "Documento Nacional Identidad"
JavaWindow("Ejecutivo de interacción").JavaInternalFrame("Crear Contacto*").JavaEdit("Número de Documento:").Set DataTable("p_TipoDoc", dtGlobalSheet)
JavaWindow("Ejecutivo de interacción").JavaInternalFrame("Crear Contacto*").JavaList("Género:").Select DataTable("p_Sexo", dtGlobalSheet)
JavaWindow("Ejecutivo de interacción").JavaInternalFrame("Crear Contacto*").JavaList("Fecha de Nacimiento:").Select DataTable("p_FechaNac", dtGlobalSheet)
JavaWindow("Ejecutivo de interacción").JavaInternalFrame("Crear Contacto*").PressKey micTab
JavaWindow("Ejecutivo de interacción").JavaInternalFrame("Crear Contacto*").JavaButton("Validar").Click
JavaWindow("Ejecutivo de interacción").JavaInternalFrame("Crear Contacto*").JavaButton("Validar").WaitProperty "image_label",1396490965
JavaWindow("Ejecutivo de interacción").JavaInternalFrame("Crear Contacto*").JavaList("Provincia:").Select DataTable("p_Provincia", dtGlobalSheet)
JavaWindow("Ejecutivo de interacción").JavaInternalFrame("Crear Contacto*").JavaEdit("CP:").Set DataTable("p_CodPostal", dtGlobalSheet)
JavaWindow("Ejecutivo de interacción").JavaInternalFrame("Crear Contacto*").JavaEdit("Piso:").Set DataTable("p_Piso", dtGlobalSheet)
JavaWindow("Ejecutivo de interacción").JavaInternalFrame("Crear Contacto*").JavaEdit("Apartamento:").Set DataTable("p_NumDepart", dtGlobalSheet)
JavaWindow("Ejecutivo de interacción").JavaInternalFrame("Crear Contacto*").JavaButton("Validar_2").Click
JavaWindow("Ejecutivo de interacción").JavaInternalFrame("Crear Contacto*").JavaButton("Validar_2").WaitProperty "image label",1396490965
JavaWindow("Ejecutivo de interacción").JavaInternalFrame("Crear Contacto*").JavaEdit("Comentarios:").Set DataTable("p_Comentario", dtGlobalSheet)
JavaWindow("Ejecutivo de interacción").JavaInternalFrame("Crear Contacto*").JavaEdit("Comentarios:").WaitProperty "value","Creado por JMB"JavaWindow("Ejecutivo de interacción").JavaMenu("Dar de alta").JavaMenu("Contacto").Select
JavaWindow("Ejecutivo de interacción").JavaInternalFrame("Crear Contacto").JavaList("Tipo de Documento:").Select "Documento Nacional Identidad"
JavaWindow("Ejecutivo de interacción").JavaInternalFrame("Crear Contacto*").JavaEdit("Número de Documento:").Set DataTable("p_TipoDoc", dtGlobalSheet)
JavaWindow("Ejecutivo de interacción").JavaInternalFrame("Crear Contacto*").JavaList("Género:").Select DataTable("p_Sexo", dtGlobalSheet)
JavaWindow("Ejecutivo de interacción").JavaInternalFrame("Crear Contacto*").JavaList("Fecha de Nacimiento:").Select DataTable("p_FechaNac", dtGlobalSheet
JavaWindow("Ejecutivo de interacción").JavaInternalFrame("Crear Contacto*").PressKey micTab
JavaWindow("Ejecutivo de interacción").JavaInternalFrame("Crear Contacto*").JavaButton("Validar").Click
JavaWindow("Ejecutivo de interacción").JavaInternalFrame("Crear Contacto*").JavaButton("Validar").WaitProperty "image_label",1396490965
JavaWindow("Ejecutivo de interacción").JavaInternalFrame("Crear Contacto*").JavaList("Provincia:").Select DataTable("p_Provincia", dtGlobalSheet)
JavaWindow("Ejecutivo de interacción").JavaInternalFrame("Crear Contacto*").JavaEdit("CP:").Set DataTable("p_CodPostal", dtGlobalSheet)
JavaWindow("Ejecutivo de interacción").JavaInternalFrame("Crear Contacto*").JavaEdit("Piso:").Set DataTable("p_Piso", dtGlobalSheet)
JavaWindow("Ejecutivo de interacción").JavaInternalFrame("Crear Contacto*").JavaEdit("Apartamento:").Set DataTable("p_NumDepart", dtGlobalSheet)
JavaWindow("Ejecutivo de interacción").JavaInternalFrame("Crear Contacto*").JavaButton("Validar_2").Click
JavaWindow("Ejecutivo de interacción").JavaInternalFrame("Crear Contacto*").JavaButton("Validar_2").WaitProperty "image label",1396490965
JavaWindow("Ejecutivo de interacción").JavaInternalFrame("Crear Contacto*").JavaEdit("Comentarios:").Set DataTable("p_Comentario", dtGlobalSheet)
JavaWindow("Ejecutivo de interacción").JavaInternalFrame("Crear Contacto*").JavaEdit("Comentarios:").WaitProperty "value","Creado por JMB"

What could I be doing wrong? I tried with the type method to.

Thanks fot the answers!!!

Juan from Argentina.

0 Likes
0 Replies
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.