Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Problem with EXT JS4 + UFT 12.01 + IE 11

Hi All,

I am facing problem with EXT JS technology,

1. Tables:

a. Sometimes tables are identified as WebTable and sometimes as WbfGrid.

b. Not able to identify full table how developers developed, only added rows are coming as table.

c. For some tables I have to enable "Smart Identification" otherwise UFT is not able to identify this object.

2. Images:

a. UFT is not able to get its object name, it is taking some name like "AAAAHBBHJKKLIHBNJMM==" (but I checked with  developers that these all have their logical names)

3. WebEdits:

a. WebEdits are working good.

4. WebElements:

a. For all WebElements I am working with "innertext", "html id" and "class". These properties are also dynamic.

I am facing these types of issues also,

a. Property loss while refreshing the application.

b. Without "Smart Identification" newly added objects are not recognised.

Can anyone tell me that is this problem because of the application is not being released to UAT yet or known issues with the EXT JS 4 technology.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Problem with EXT JS4 + UFT 12.01 + IE 11

This tool does not support ExtJS. There are work arounds using web extensibility or otherwise custom parsing and handling of the rendered html, but these are not 'drop in' solutions.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am using "Web add in extensibility feature toolkit 2.0" with my tool but it did'nt solved the problem.

What are these "custom parsing and handling of the rendered html". How to do it can you help me out ??

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

By 'custom parsing of the html' I mean working through the DOM instead of relying on the tool's add-ins.

Install the HP Extensibility Accelerator, look through the guides and look at the sample add-ins for some ideas.

Also there are some generic ExtJS extensibility projects that people have developed that you could find online to use as a sample. Inspect it to see how they went about it and how it might be modified to fit your needs.

Finally, if the entire AUT is written in ExtJS, this may not be the best test tool for your needs.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.