Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Problem with identifying ExtJs grid in page using QTP

Hey,

I am automating an ExtJs application using QTP,  application has two tabs having some search functionality, search results are displayed in ExtJs grid.

QTP easily reads the data from first tab using a combination of the description object+index:

Browser("WebBrowser").Page("WebPage").WebTable("class:=x-grid3-row-table","index:=0")

Issue:

When I try to access the grid in the page under second tab page, using the description object, it still retrives the first tab page content.

Any help?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Problem with identifying ExtJs grid in page using QTP

What definition/hierarchy are you using to work with the 2nd tab, a recorded method or a 'hand-built' one?

List what you are trying to access the 2nd tab with (and attach a screenshot if you think it might help)

Mark Smith.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Both Recorded/Descriptive, hierarchy is same for both the tabs:

i.e. tabs here, in the page,  are identified as link

For Summery Tab:

Browser("bName").Page("pName").Link("Summery").click

For NOD File tab:

Browser("bName").Page("pName").Link("NOD File").click

However, thats not my issue.

My Problem is the WebTable (grid) under the second tab, as shown in screenshot.To be precise under both the tabs (summery and NOD file) this type of WebTable grid appears for search result.

But even for NOD File -> Search result QTP reads data from the Summery tab's WebTable, I wonder why is it so because it is not at all visible in the page.

Please advice

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

FYI, I am using following syntax to access the WebTable, under both the pages, as there is no unique property assigned to the webtable:
Browser("WebBrowser").Page("WebPage").WebTable("class:=x-grid3-row-table","index:=0").GetRoProperty('Column Names")
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Look through the html to see if both gridviews are present. If they are, there should be a tabIndex or similar property to distinguish between the two. That is what we use to identify the active grid in our AUT.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.