New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

QTP 10 - IE8 - Browser Slow object identification Issue

Hi All,

I am doing automation of a Ecommerce application. It has 5 interfaces all are web pages.

System config:  Windows 7 – 32 bit, IE 8, QTP 10.  I have installed patches for Win7 and IE 8: QTPWEB_00037, QTP_00604, QTP_00626, QTP_00644

I am facing slow object identification issue of only one browser using QTP 10. It takes more than a minute to identify the object. All the other browsers are executing as expected

Following are the options I tried:

OR:

-          Changed Smart identification as false

-          Tried descriptively. Able to get the browser count. But when I used msgbox Browser(“”).getroproperty(“name”) it takes more time to fetch the data

-          Gave only name property

-          Gave only Creation time – 0 and tried

-          Tried browser(“”).refreshobject

Settings:

-          Disabled the accelerators in Manage addons in IE settings

-          Enabled the “Enable 3rd part extensions” in Advanced – IE Settings

-          Changed the User Account Control Settings to “Never Notify” in control panel

QTP Settings:

-          Run mode – “fast”

-          Disabled – Run Scripts in “Active Screen” of QTP - Tools – options

-          Record & Run Settings – Run on any open browser & Windows application

-          Checked the “Enable Web support for Windows Internet Explorer” option in QTP – tools – options –web - advanced –record settings

Kindly suggest me if any other solutions is available for this issue.

Thanks in advance

Thanks,

Dhivya.D

Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Open a single browser and run these lines of code.  Which one gives the faster result?

MsgBox Browser("creationtime:=").Exist(0)
MsgBox Browser("creationtime:=0").Exist(0)
MsgBox Browser("title:=.*").Exist(0)

--
Anshoo Arora
Relevant Codes
LinkedIn
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Anshoo,

With only one browser opened, I executed the 3 lines of code and given the timings below:

MsgBox Browser("creationtime:=").Exist(0)

For my application: 61.9163 sec

For google:                 1.3202 sec

MsgBox Browser("creationtime:=0").Exist(0)

For my application: 61.5887 sec

For google:                 0.6760 sec

MsgBox Browser("title:=.*").Exist(0)

For my application: 61.4259 sec

For google:                 0.9977 sec

I have got the above timings by using the start and end transaction for each line of code.

Also, before opening my application I use systemutil.CloseProcessByName("iexplore.exe") and then launch the new browser.

Kindly share your thoughts.

Thanks,

Dhivya.D

0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi All,

Does anyone have solution for this? Even i am facing slowness in object identification for Win7 and IE8 64Bit Browser Combination.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Even I am facing the same issue. Application opens multiple browsers and only one browser is taking too long to identify.

If highlighted from OR, it is instant but from code, it takes around 70 seconds to identify.

I closed all other browsers to test, and still the issue persists.

No luck with descriptive too.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.