QTP 10 - IE8 - Browser Slow object identification Issue
I am doing automation of a Ecommerce application. It has 5 interfaces all are web pages.
System config: Windows 7 – 32 bit, IE 8, QTP 10. I have installed patches for Win7 and IE 8: QTPWEB_00037, QTP_00604, QTP_00626, QTP_00644
I am facing slow object identification issue of only one browser using QTP 10. It takes more than a minute to identify the object. All the other browsers are executing as expected
Following are the options I tried:
- Changed Smart identification as false
- Tried descriptively. Able to get the browser count. But when I used msgbox Browser(“”).getroproperty(“name”) it takes more time to fetch the data
- Gave only name property
- Gave only Creation time – 0 and tried
- Tried browser(“”).refreshobject
- Disabled the accelerators in Manage addons in IE settings
- Enabled the “Enable 3rd part extensions” in Advanced – IE Settings
- Changed the User Account Control Settings to “Never Notify” in control panel
- Run mode – “fast”
- Disabled – Run Scripts in “Active Screen” of QTP - Tools – options
- Record & Run Settings – Run on any open browser & Windows application
- Checked the “Enable Web support for Windows Internet Explorer” option in QTP – tools – options –web - advanced –record settings
Kindly suggest me if any other solutions is available for this issue.
Thanks in advance
With only one browser opened, I executed the 3 lines of code and given the timings below:
For my application: 61.9163 sec
For google: 1.3202 sec
For my application: 61.5887 sec
For google: 0.6760 sec
For my application: 61.4259 sec
For google: 0.9977 sec
I have got the above timings by using the start and end transaction for each line of code.
Also, before opening my application I use systemutil.CloseProcessByName("iexplore.exe") and then launch the new browser.
Kindly share your thoughts.
Even I am facing the same issue. Application opens multiple browsers and only one browser is taking too long to identify.
If highlighted from OR, it is instant but from code, it takes around 70 seconds to identify.
I closed all other browsers to test, and still the issue persists.
No luck with descriptive too.