Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

QTP 9.5 on FireFox 2.0

Jump to solution
I'm trying to run scripts that i created for IE7 on FireFox browser using QTP 9.5, Script keep failing with object not found error. Invoking IE/FireFox application at the starting of the script, else remaining script stays same.
Do i need to install any add-in on fireFox for QTP to see objects? Please help
Thanks in advance
Praveen
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Can you post what the description of the browser object is as captured in your OR?
There is no separate add-in for FireFox...just the usual web add-in.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Can you post the lines of code that are causing the issue and also the description as captured in OR of the relevant objects?
Also, what version of FireFox are you using? Have you read through the section "Running Tests or Components in Netscape Browser or Mozilla Firefox" in QTP 9.5 readme file?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi Krishna, Thank you for your response.
My script fails on first line itself,
QTP is not able to recognise firefox browser object.
Gone through readme file that you mentioned, it looks like i need to add QuickTest support for Mozilla firefox.
Do i need to add any QTP add-in in Firefox?
If yes, can you please point me to right direction
Firefox version: 2.0
QTP version: 9.5

Thanks,
Praveen
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Can you post what the description of the browser object is as captured in your OR?
There is no separate add-in for FireFox...just the usual web add-in.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Krishna, Now i'm able to run my scripts on FireFox. Thanks for enlightening me, i always thought i need some kind of add-in for firefox.
Now i got good source for issue resolutions 🙂
email me @ pchintapally@myspace.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
hi praveen
i am facing exactly same problem as you are, about QTP 9.5 and FF 2.0
I also have read the Readme but I do not understand what action to take in order to make the IE script run on mozilla too.

could you please tell me in detail, what Can i do in order to get my script running on mozilla

it would be a great healp.

thanks,
manasi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Even I am facing similar problem. I have web addin in place. But still QTP script fails to run on Firefox.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hello Praveen,
I am facing the same problem, Could you please let me know the solution at the earliest.
Thanks in advance,
Srinivas P
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I would sure like to know the answer to this, too.

I've got FF 2.0 with QTP add-in able to run previous recorded in IE6 scripts. I cannot get QTP to record anything using FF 2.0.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.
QTP supports running scripts on Firefox, but not recording them on that platform.
Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Yes I have found that out the hard way. Is FF2 the only version QTP works?

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..
FF 3.0.X is also supported by QTP.

I am not too sure about QTP 9.5..

but you can run scripts created in IE using QTP 10.0 in FF 3.0

~~shivaram
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.