UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

QTP Not Responding during run

QTP intermittenly stops responding during script run and the only way to continue execution is to manualy click on the web page. Once you manualy click on the web page, QTP will then continue execution.

System:
Dual Monitor
WinXP
IE7
QTP9.5
Office2007
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It appears that descriptive object recognition may have something to do with it because it appears it is not responding on lines containing descriptive object definitions(but not all of them). Here are the 2 that are giving me problems.

RowCount = Browser("url:=.*").Page("url:=.*").WbfGrid("html id:=.*ctlBenefitPlans_lstPlanInfo").RowCount

Browser("BrokerageBuilder_5").Page("BrokerageBuilder_4").Link("text:=" & DataTable.Value("ClientName", dtGlobalSheet)).Click
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ok last info I have, it doesnt have anything to do with Descriptive object recognition, I am seeing the issue only on a certain page consistanly no matter what I do and QTP doesnt continue execution until I do one of the following:

-Manually Resize the browser
-Manually wave the mouse over active links on the page
-Manually click on the page
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Resolve: issue with 3rd party control(Telerik) causes the page never to finish loading until you interact with the page.

Workaround:
use windows script to inteact with the page.
WshShell.SendKeys "{UP}"
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

see comments above
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.