Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

QTP - QC : predefined input parameter values list

Jump to solution

Hy guys,

I am creating some Scripted Components in QTP 11.00 and I would like to know if it is possible to create drop down lists (or something similar), from which the input parameters values can be chosen in QC.

Thanks.

Accept as solution and give kudos to the author if the information helped you solve your problem.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Member.

I mean create a data validation list in your excel sheet for the field you want to limit the user with valid values so that the user can select from the available values only in the excel sheet.

https://support.office.com/en-nz/article/Insert-or-delete-a-drop-down-list-fdde2fb6-e257-4c62-b794-1427762428c6?ui=en-US&rs=en-NZ&ad=NZ

Accept as solution/Give Kudos to the author if the piece of information answered/helped you to solve your problem.
All the thoughts here are mine not related to my employer nor anyone.
Test Automation Ecstasy

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
New Member.

Could you give some more detail on what you are trying to achieve?

Accept as solution/Give Kudos to the author if the piece of information answered/helped you to solve your problem.
Test Automation Ecstasy
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello 

Please let me know if I can provide any more info.

Thanks.

Accept as solution and give kudos to the author if the information helped you solve your problem.
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Ok. You want to create some Drop-Down list box in QC and allowing the user to select a value and Run from QC.

If so, You can create custom fields in QC but you need ADMIN permissions and you need to utilize that value inside your scripts. So you have to handle using OTA to get the drop-down value selected and select in your app.

Instead why not restrict the user by limiting the user to select from available values only in your data sheet and make script to read from your datasheet and select that value. Normally it is not a best practice to utilize QC to have test data values by creating custom fields. Use your datatable.

Test Automation Ecstasy
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thank you very much for the alternative.

Could you please explain,though, how could I restrict the user to select only from the values that are available in my data sheet ? I didn't quite understood this part.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

I mean create a data validation list in your excel sheet for the field you want to limit the user with valid values so that the user can select from the available values only in the excel sheet.

https://support.office.com/en-nz/article/Insert-or-delete-a-drop-down-list-fdde2fb6-e257-4c62-b794-1427762428c6?ui=en-US&rs=en-NZ&ad=NZ

Test Automation Ecstasy

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.