Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Absent Member.. vzamoraz Absent Member..
Absent Member..

QTP Support tip: toubleshooting for applications developed on .NET 4.0

When you are working on an application created on .NET framework 4.0 and your QTP don't have recognition on it you can try the following steps to troubleshoot it.

1) Ensure the application is not using third-party or customized controls(this are not supported by QTP tool)

2) Close QTP and any other application.
- Open a CMD (command prompt)
- Navigate the following path on your local file system: <<QuickTest installation folder>>\GlobalAssemblyCache\Net4
- Execute the following commands:
..\..\bin\GACRegUtil4x86.exe -i Mercury.QTP.Agent.dll
..\..\bin\GACRegUtil4x86.exe -i Mercury.QTP.WpfAgent.dll

- Check if recognition is working.
- If no continue with steps below

3) Copy from "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\QuickTest Professional\GlobalAssemblyCache\Net4\Mercury.QTP.Agent.dll" to this directory structure "%windir%\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_32\Mercury.QTP.Agent\v4.0_8.0.137.0__7d38df5e43b1c39a".

- If QTP_00669 (OR 64bits support patch) is in play, then copy "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\QuickTest Professional\GlobalAssemblyCache\Net4\Mercury.QTP.Agent.dll" to directory structure "%windir%\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_64\Mercury.QTP.Agent\v4.0_8.0.137.0__7d38df5e43b1c39a".
- If WPF 4.0 support is related, then copy "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\QuickTest Professional\GlobalAssemblyCache\Net4\Mercury.QTP.WpfAgent.dll" under "%windir%\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Mercury.QTP.WpfAgent\v4.0_9.5.1000.0__7d38df5e43b1c39a" /y.

4) Open the directory c:\windows\assembly\
- Check that two files called Mercury.QTP.Agent exist. Process Architecture should indicate AMD64(only if Operating system is 64bits) and a blank value
- if the assembly with the process architecture of blank is missing, drag and drop the file
C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\QuickTest Professional\GlobalAssemblyCache\Mercury.QTP.Agent.dll
to
c:\windows\assembly\

(In case Operating system is 64bits)
- if the assembly with the process architecture of AMD64 is missing, drag and drop the file
C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\QuickTest Professional\bin64\Mercury.QTP.Agent.dll
to
c:\windows\assembly\

5) Access the machines with full administrator rights.
-Perform the clean uninstall of QTP
-Install .NET framework 4.0 again (you can download it from the link below).
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17851
-After that proceed to install QTP 11.

You can chek thi details on the kb article below

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00487196

HP support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, mark it as an accepted solution.

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.