QTP/UFT support tip: Considerations working with embedded browsers
There is no out-of-box support for Web browser controls, but Web Add-in can be setup to support these controls if, and only if, the application under testing complies with below:
- Embedded browser control must be derivate-from/developed-with Internet Explorer (IE). Normally the application should be using the “ieframe.dll” file:
- Running 32bits application on a 32bits Windows or 64bits application on a 64bits Windows.
- Running 32bits application on a 64bits Windows
2. When working with 64bits applications, please have in mind:
QTP 11 supports it if you have patches: QTP_00699, QTPWEB_00086, QTPWEB_00090, QTPWEB_00111 and QTPWEB_00116.
3. Activate the hooks following the steps described in this post: Embeded browsers on .exe aplications
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, mark it as an accepted solution.
Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.