Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Absent Member.. vzamoraz Absent Member..
Absent Member..

QTP/UFT support tip: troubleshooting steps for Oracle Data Base connection fail

If using a vbscript code to connect to Oracle Data Base is not working from Quick Test Professional (QTP) or Unified Functional Testing (UFT) there are some troubleshooting steps that can be done.

Is important to keep in mind that Quick Test Professional (QTP) and Unified Functional Testing (UFT) are just platforms to execute vbscript code, the tool itself is not a Data Base connector.

1. Reinstall Oracle Client.
  • Uninstall your Oracle clients (all oracle drivers)
  • Rebooted my machine
  • Download 32-bit client from this link Oracle 12c client (Look for the section near the bottom labeled "Oracle Database 12c Release 1 Client (12.1.0.1.0) for Microsoft Windows (x64 and 32-bit)")
  • Installed 32-bit client [to C:\oracle\product\12.1.0\client_32]
  • Reboot the machine

2. Use Microsoft ODBC dll to create the connection

Set AdoObject= CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
dim ConnectionString
ConnectionString =" Driver={Microsoft ODBC for Oracle}; Server= server_name; UID=user; PWD=password;"
AdoObject.Open ConnectionString

3. Run the code directly as vbscript file.

If code fail in vbscript then is necessary to set the right code directly in vbscript before test it in QTP/UFT.

4. Ensure Oracle client 64bits is not installed.

Note: The steps below are for troubleshooting purpose, there is no guaranty that they resolve the problem.

HP support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, mark it as an accepted solution.

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.