QTP/UFT support tips: How to add a concurrent license key with WLMadmin
It is recommended to be physically at the machine. If this is not possible, then use a true remote viewing application such as pcAnywhere or VNC.
You can visit the Kb article with this information as well:
1) In the QTP CD/DVD go to this path: ..\LicenseServer\utils or from the .zip file from the email
2) Open the WlMAdmin utilitiy.
3) Expand the tree view nodes and locate the machine that has the License Server.
If you do not see your License Server in the view, select "Defined Servers" in the tree. Go to Edit -> Defined Server List. In the "Server" field, enter your License Server machine's full network name (case-sensitive) or IP address, and click <Add>. Click <OK>. The License Server machine should now be listed.
If you add your server name or your ip and the machine isn’t show in the tree, probably it means that the you have to install or reinstall license server on this machine.
4) Right-click on the machine.
5) Select Add Feature -> From a String in the pop-up menu.
6) Select the "Add feature to server's file" checkbox.
If you do not set this checkbox, the license code will not be permanently added to the license server machine.
Note2:The wlmadmin that comes with license server 8.4.0 doesn't have the check.
6. Paste the license key code into the "License code" edit field.
7. Click <Add>
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, mark it as an accepted solution.
Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any answerd posted."