UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

QTP - Unable to use getCellData for WebTable

Hi,

I'm having trouble using getCellData() for WebTables in QTP, even though the webtable object is recognized. I'm currently using QTP 9.2 and IE7. If I run my script in IE6.0, I encounter no issues.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!
0 Likes
8 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Paste code lines and results please.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

dict("IGscore") = Trim(Browser("HFE").Page("HFE2").WebTable("IG_Profile Information").GetCellData(IG_SCORE_ROW,VALUECOL))

dict("IGprofile") = Trim(Browser("HFE").Page("HFE2").WebTable("IG_Profile Information").GetCellData(IG_PROFILE_ROW,VALUECOL))

-------
When I debug the above lines of code, no value is returned when I do a "msgbox" output.

I read somewhere that this may have something to do with QTP having problems with a 'child' browser when the 'parent' browser closes. I'm hoping there are patches available to fix this.

Thanks.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Did you already find a solution?
I´m having a JavaSwing application and getting also an empty String when trying to get cell content out of a table.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Maybe turn off the multi-Tab page feature in IE7 and try again.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry but what is the multi-Tab page feature and where can I find it?
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

IE7->tools->internet options->general->tabs->settings

Uncheck "Enable Tabbed Browsing".
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I still have the same problem after disabling the tabs in IE7. The URL I'm loading opens a browser that asks for logon information. After logging on, a child browser is opened and IE7 asks if I want to close the parent browser. If I close it, I see the problem, but if I leave it open, QTP executes the scripts without any issues.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

last suggestion i have is, after parent browser is closed refresh child browser and continue execution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.