Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

QTP crashing - if i want to "save as "

Jump to solution

Hi,

after i was able to start the QTP out from SAP Solution Manager - i want save the test....but after pushing "SAVE AS"...

QTP stopped working and crash after a few seconds... ve some an idea?

Thx

Best Greetings

Xaver

Trace:

OK: 04/22/13 , 23:10:07 : BlobId = Z_QTP_TEST , BlobVer = 00000001 , Integrated = 1
File=.\Open.cpp Line=64

OK: 04/22/13 , 23:10:07 : BlobId = Z_QTP_TEST , PartId = , BlobVer = 00000001 , Overwrite = 1 , Integrated = 1
File=.\Open.cpp Line=230

Error: 04/22/13 , 23:10:07 : Key for external test or version not found
File=.\Open.cpp Line=244

Error: 04/22/13 , 23:10:07 : Failed to get the blob by its name, trying by part id
File=.\Open.cpp Line=73

OK: 04/22/13 , 23:10:07 : BlobId = Z_QTP_TEST , PartId = , BlobVer = 00000001 , Overwrite = 1 , Integrated = 1
File=.\Open.cpp Line=230

Error: 04/22/13 , 23:10:08 : Key for external test or version not found
File=.\Open.cpp Line=244

Error: 04/22/13 , 23:10:08 : Msg = CallGetBlobExWrap Failed , BlobId = Z_QTP_TEST , BlobVer = 00000001 , bstrPartID = , IsMain = FALSE
File=.\Open.cpp Line=80

OK: 04/22/13 , 23:11:51 : CEcattManager::OnPostOpenTest
File=.\AppEvents.cpp Line=108

OK: 04/22/13 , 23:11:52 : Ecatt log started

OK: 04/22/13 , 23:12:10 : Ecatt log ended

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Xaver,

Thanks for your post. Assuming you are working with QTP 11, please make sure to have installed the following patch:

QTPSAP_00013 - Improve Integration Support Between QuickTest Professional and SAP Solution Manager with SM-TSTR Interface

In case you are saving a test that contains steps performed on an eCATT application on Windows 7 (64-bit), there is a private hotfix to resolve such crash issue while saving the test. You need to open a new service request with HP software support to receive the hotfix QTPSAP_00039 (this hotfix prevents a problem that caused QuickTest to crash when you tried to save a test containing steps performed on an eCATT application on a Windows7 64-bit operating system. Note: Patch QTPSAP_00013 must be installed before installing this hotfix.)

Thanks, Braulio

HP | Unified Functional Testing Engineer

[If this post or any other post helps to resolve your issue or query, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance. ]

(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer HP in any way)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Xaver,

Thanks for your post. Assuming you are working with QTP 11, please make sure to have installed the following patch:

QTPSAP_00013 - Improve Integration Support Between QuickTest Professional and SAP Solution Manager with SM-TSTR Interface

In case you are saving a test that contains steps performed on an eCATT application on Windows 7 (64-bit), there is a private hotfix to resolve such crash issue while saving the test. You need to open a new service request with HP software support to receive the hotfix QTPSAP_00039 (this hotfix prevents a problem that caused QuickTest to crash when you tried to save a test containing steps performed on an eCATT application on a Windows7 64-bit operating system. Note: Patch QTPSAP_00013 must be installed before installing this hotfix.)

Thanks, Braulio

HP | Unified Functional Testing Engineer

[If this post or any other post helps to resolve your issue or query, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance. ]

(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer HP in any way)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello Braulio,

yes - the patches are the solution 🙂

I installed

and in a min. 61

with the first 3 it works fine !!

Thx for help!

Best Regards

Xaver

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.