Absent Member.
Absent Member.

QTP crashing other application

Jump to solution

I am working with the GUI application. When I am trying to do some operation on GUI using QTP 10, my other application(dot net) which is a sever listening is getting crashed . I am working on windows 7.

Please help me to get through it..

Thanks in advance.... 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Ushus,

New releases of Windows 7 are coming with .NET Framework 4 pre-installed, this version is not currently supported by QTP 10, just for QTP 11. 

In order to confirm the .NET Framework version you could use the MicDetect Report and refers to the .NET section:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM203083 (Mic Detect Report)

If you are using .NET Framework 4 would be good to migrate to QTP 11 in order  to prevent any possible conflict with QTP .NET Support 

Hope this helps, Thanks.

Juan Pablo Muñoz
HPE Technical Account Manager

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Ushus,

New releases of Windows 7 are coming with .NET Framework 4 pre-installed, this version is not currently supported by QTP 10, just for QTP 11. 

In order to confirm the .NET Framework version you could use the MicDetect Report and refers to the .NET section:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM203083 (Mic Detect Report)

If you are using .NET Framework 4 would be good to migrate to QTP 11 in order  to prevent any possible conflict with QTP .NET Support 

Hope this helps, Thanks.

Juan Pablo Muñoz
HPE Technical Account Manager

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

In case that the application is a Java application or IBM app such Lotus Notes, there might be an environment conflict between the QTP java environment variable and the application itself. If that is the case go ahead and right click on My Computer>Porperties>Advanced Tab> Environment variables and look for the variable called _JAVA_OPTIONS and rename it with any name, for example: _JAVA_OPTIONS_OLD and then:

1- Open QTP

2- Open the app

3- check if the crash persists.

If the crash persists and this is the scenario you will need to open a ticket with support, since we do not have a generic solution for these kind of issues and would need to troubleshoot.

All the best,

AIPM

Best,

JG

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks a Lots, QTP 11 worked for me.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.