Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Record web Application in pop up window

HI,

I am new to the QTP, I have an application it opens in pop up window. when I try to record it did not work.
in the application has user login. when I enter user name and password it didn't record in QTP as well as it didn't log to the system.

WHY IS THAT?

if any one knows it. please replay me. Thanks.

Amilar
0 Likes
13 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Record web Application in pop up window

You stated so many thing but gave very vague description of your problem,

First what type of app are you working on? Web, SAP, Visual Basic, etc

Second Did you load the add-in for your application?

Thrid. Did you open the application up after you started QTP?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Henry Floyd...

yes this is web application. following I put what I did.

1) open QTP
2) set run time setting
(select IE for browser and put web URL)
3) start recording
4) In here my web application open in full screen. in here user name and password has hard coded. so I press enter button to enter to the system
but it did not go the system. still in login page.
WHY IS THAT?

I check that URL in another machine which not have install QTP. then it works, go to the system..

is it case in my web application or want to set up some thing in my QTP..

please help me.....

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

you didn't answer the question about which add-in's you have loaded.

You need to at least load the Web add-in to record on a browser.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ok,

I am assuming you had the web add-in loaded for recording? Can you log onto the web application from that computer, the one with QTP, when QTP is not started?

Also when you tried to record the application was there any other browser windows open, beside Quality Center if you have it?

Also did you goto to Menu
Automation --> Run and Record Settings

Select "Open the following address when a record or run session begins"
And did you put in your application URL?

and select "Microsoft Internet Explorer" from the browser drop down.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Henry Floyd,

I am sorry, I have no idea about web add-in. can u please tell me how to do it?
Yes, I can log to the web application in the computer has QTP, before QTP not started.
I do not have install quality center.
I did the steps what you have told in the run and record setting. I have attached that run setting image, please check it. Is there any thing to set in the QTP? Please replay. Thanks.

Amilar
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Henry Floyd

I just found about add in. now I installed quick test add in for quality center as well. after I went to the \QuickTest Professional\AddinsUpgrade folder and tried to install QTP90Java82UPGRADE.exe. but it gives an error message. in here I have attached it. please check and send me replay if u gave free time.
Thanks
Amilar
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ok well that java patch is actually used to upgrade a QTP 8.2 java to QTP 9.0 java. It will not work.

If you just have a web application then you why are you installing the java add-in.

If you don't have Quality Center why have you installed the QC Add-in.

What you really need is the "WEB" add-in. When you start QTP dis you see a dialog box with web, VB, and activeX in the dialog.

The only one you need to check is the Web add-in.

Also if you are using QTP 9.0 try running the Quicktestproffessional.bat (can remember the exact name but it ends in bat) This file should be located in the bin folder where you installed QTP. This batch file will register all the QTP dlls.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Henry Floyd,

Thanks for your help. it was my application problem, it works with other web application.
but now i got another problem. 😞

My web application design under menu list. when I log to the system all the sub modules keep under menu. (like customer registration like wise)

when I was recording it recorded user name and password. problem occered when go the registration, because its under user menu. my QTP application when i click menu it didn't record it in the script.

why is that?

if any one knows please replay me. thanks.
(I have attached the error)
Amilar
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Try to use some Screen Recorder to record all the application or screenplay on your windows, like TuneFab Screen Recorder. You can use it to record all the contents of your computer screen with it. You can have a try.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

What application you need to record? If you would like to record audio files from streaming music services, like Apple Music, Spotify music, Tidal,  you can use Audio Capture for Mac to record them for offline listening. 

Anyway, this software can work on recording any sound playing on computer. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

hi, there

Usually when you work with a menu, the last menuitem is a few clicks away from the top menu. So, according to your screen snapshot, it's very likely that the last item you want to click is not shown or enabled when the script reaches this line. 

My suggestion is to have all the preceding clicks all added into the script so you can have the last item clickable. Or, if  the application is developed by one of the supported Web2.0 technologies, (Dojo or jQuery for example) you can install the relevant addin to work with Menu object in a more intuitive way. 

Thanks.

James

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.