Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Recording and Object Spy are not working

Jump to solution

Hello Team,

Yesterday I installled UFT 14 running in Windows 10, 64 BIT.

I am so enthusiastic that I was able to get the trial version on my PC. However

a) recording does not work

b) object spy does not work

I did take some measures like running UFT as administrator, allow to record on all browsers, tick the AktivX

BUT STILL NOT WORKING;

Any tips would be so much appreciated.

Demy

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Recording and Object Spy are not working/NOW WORKS !

Jump to solution

Hello

IT IS WORKING !!!

I just tried recording and spying on

http://newtours.demoaut.com/

and everything seems fine.

Thank you so much for all of your support.

Demy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Recording and Object Spy are not working

Jump to solution

Hi Demy.

Please try to disable the WinRT (Uft4Winrt) service on your machine. Follow this KB for more data:

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01339230?lang=en&cc=us&hpappid=202392_SSO_PRO_HPE

I hope this can help.

Good luck!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for your input!

I went onto Task Manager and disabled Uft4Winrt, but nothing changed, contrary by launching the HPE Unfied Functional testing application, it asks me to activate this.

Any other tips ?

Best regards

Demy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

hi, Demy

UFT is not asking you to enable the service but informing you that with the service disabled, WinRT objects will not be recognized. 

To the original problem you have, I suggest you repair the installation with administrator privilege. If the problem persists, please help to attach a picture with the outcome of the spying an object. 

Thanks.

James

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello James,

I did the installation again and the problem is still there, no recording no spying.

However I am forced to think that perhaps a Pre-requisite program is not there (?), if this is the case then I would expect a prompt that HP UFT cannot be installed. As you will see in the LOG, installation is successful.

I am attaching the screens so that you can see what I am doing:

I am creating a new GUI test and the system draws the Action 1 and then I press the Record icon and start recording on an application that is “Flight GUI”,  as you see on the screens.

Yesterday I tried the same with a site (google) and did not record however upon running the test afterwards, I was able to see some quick movement, seemed like it opened Internet explorer google.com but it was so quick and without any scripting in the application, so what I am trying to say maybe that was my impression.

Also on the validation file  there is an error.

I am not sure however , could this be an add-in issue ?

You can take a look and should you have an idea or a tip, it would be so very helpful here!

thank you!

Demy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Recording and Object Spy are not working/NOW WORKS !

Jump to solution

Hello

IT IS WORKING !!!

I just tried recording and spying on

http://newtours.demoaut.com/

and everything seems fine.

Thank you so much for all of your support.

Demy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

From your screenshots, it looks like you are selecting ALL of the add-ins in the add-in manager. You should NEVER do this. Micro Focus recommends selecting no more than 3 add-ins at a time. You should only load the add-ins needed for the technology in the AUT. For the flight app, you need the WPF add-in. Here's a good post that gives some pointers on how to get this working: http://eyeontesting.com/questions/14337/uft-not-recognizing-sample-flight-application-obje.html

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello

This is very true, I need to work on this. I will review your information.

Thanks so much!

Demy

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member..
New Member..

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue with UFT 14.50. Recording is not working on our web application in IE11 where as the recording is working on the http://newtours.demoaut.com/

Did you find the solution?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

hi, 

Will you elaborate on the nature of your application? Is it a pure web application or with other technologies embedded? Thanks.

James

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: Object Spy are not working when connected to Mobile Center.

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I am doing Mobile Automation ( Mobile center.) using UFT. My problem  is , UFT tool is not capturing any properties when I am trying to capture using Object Spy. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.