Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Regarding UFT licenses

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I am trying to re-host concurrent license server for UFT.
Former admin of the server left the company and I was assigned to the task without any knowledge of product licenses..

There seems to be two related licenses in the list of licenses; 

1. HP Unified Functional Testing Concurrent User Software E-LTU => Quantity: 1 
2. HP Functional Testing Site Concurrent User SW E-LTU ==> Quantity: 3 

Do you know what is difference between those two? 

When I installed the license #2, UFT(12.02) didn't recognize the license. 

When I installed both #1 and #2 then, UFT recognized the license.

The license monitoring util shows that there are 3 licenses for Add-ins. 

Is #2 license for UFT Add-ins ?

Are't #1 and #2 supposed to have the same quanitity? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Regarding UFT licenses

Jump to solution

Hi, 

By using the License Validation Utility (Start>All Programs>HP Software>HP Unified Functional Testing>Tools), you'll be able to get the license feature corresponding to those licenses.

I understand you're using UFT 12.02 which means you might be using Sentinel license server to serve your licenses (later UFT versions use HP AutoPass license server). Through the links below you'll find the description of each of the available license features for Sentinel and AutoPass license servers:
What are the Sentinel license features?
What are the HPE Autopass license features? 

My two cents: 
If your 2nd license is HpFunctionalTesting feature, then it can only be used by versions between QTP 9.5 to 11.00, which explains why UFT 12.02 didn't recognize it.

Kindly,
Alvaro

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi, 

By using the License Validation Utility (Start>All Programs>HP Software>HP Unified Functional Testing>Tools), you'll be able to get the license feature corresponding to those licenses.

I understand you're using UFT 12.02 which means you might be using Sentinel license server to serve your licenses (later UFT versions use HP AutoPass license server). Through the links below you'll find the description of each of the available license features for Sentinel and AutoPass license servers:
What are the Sentinel license features?
What are the HPE Autopass license features? 

My two cents: 
If your 2nd license is HpFunctionalTesting feature, then it can only be used by versions between QTP 9.5 to 11.00, which explains why UFT 12.02 didn't recognize it.

Kindly,
Alvaro

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Your first statement is you are trying to "re-host" your license server.

Be advised that a license key for one server cannot be reused/installed on a different server. The keys are machine specific. If you need to move the licenses to a different server you will have to exchange the existing license keys for ones that align with the Locking Code of the new server.

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.