Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Remote UFT testing

Hi

I'm using HP UFT version 11.5. I was wondering if i can execute my test script to remotely test my application. For example, Station A is HP UFT and test script while Station B is my application. 

Any help is welcome.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Re: Remote UFT testing

Its not possible, UFT should be installed on the same machine where your application under test is.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Remote UFT testing

Hi,

UFT 12.5 allows you to install the UFT Runtime Engine without installing the whole IDE.

With only the Runtime Engine installed you will be able to run tests and even business components remotely on that machine. You should take into consideration that UFT 12.5 will not be able to use the old license server and a new one needs to be configured. 

Hope this helps.

Accept as solution and give kudos to the author if the information helped you solve your problem.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.