Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Rename API test

I opened a ticket but didn't get very far as we're using  other software to administer our Lab.

Lab Environment Specifications:

UFT 15.0.1

Lab Host: Jenkins CI server

SCM: ADO

Version Control: GIT

Test Execution: Octane

Use Case- As a tester, I need to rename an API test that has previously been created, and run in Octane. The test should retain the original folder structure, and test results in Octane.

For illustrative purposes, I created a test called "Multilply Payment" and I need to rename it to "Multiply Payment" the test has been run in Octane and run results exist as a part of the test. Results need to remain with the new test name.

We have tried renaming via ADO, and renaming via the folder structure directly in the design machine but we've been experiencing the same two challenges.

1) the folder for the old test still remains in the local machine repository

2) Octane recognizes the rename as a NEW test instead of renaming an existing test

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hello,

From your description, I learned that you're saving the test on Git. Can you please elaborate how you did with the rename?

Thanks,

Jason

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.