NOTICE: Significant community changes coming soon
The header menu and the home page on our community will be changing soon. Get more information HERE.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Reporter not showing all iterations

I have a function library (shared among tests) that is used for the actual execution of different parts in tests. Currently organized so that one SAP transaction is contained in one function of its own.

I'm using the Reporter object for test reporting and filtering out all other reported steps, so that always when having a step report to do, I first call 

Reporter.Filter = rfEnableAll

And then make the step report, after which I stop all reporting again.

This has been working wonderfully up until we started needing multiple executions in single SAP transaction (ie. make multiple sales orders) during single test iteration. Those loops are implemented with a for each loop that functions perfectly fine so there's no issues there. The actual issue is that now the Reporter only includes the 1st iteration in the report (See attached screenshots for comparison). I have tried moving the step reporting in and out of the for loop, out from the function library and even tried with different (still working) test, but have no idea on why this is happening. Is it a known issue or has someone else encountered something similar?

Note; Both reports are done the same way, a loop inside a function library. But something causes the second one to not show all iterations. Also the report still does show "3 100%" in the up-left corner, so all iterations have been noticed there. The only difference in the scripts are that the one showing all iterations has all the functional parts commented away.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Looks like reporting is turned off after the first iteration. Can you comment out the line that disables reporting & try again?

Reporter.Filter=rfDisableAll
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

The reporting is done as following

Reporter.Filter = rfEnableAll
Reporter.ReportEvent 'Stepdetails here
Reporter.Filter = rfDisableAll

So that works as intended.

I did also attempt to have the test configured as 

Reporter.Filter = rfDisableAll 'Prevent unnecessary reporting
Call MyTransaction() 'Function in the function library
Reporter.Filter = rfEnableAll 'Enable reporting for changing iteration

But the result sayed exactly the same. Even if this was the issue, I believe that there should be at least the Custom: Steps available under the iteration 1 if the disabled reporting would be the cause here.

Edit: Also when not using the Reporter.Filter at all, the issue seemed to remain.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.