Highlighted
New Member.

Rest API response validation takes over 15 minutes to validate

Hi, I want to test the API response of a call and I checked all the fields because we need to validate everything in the repsonse with uft 14. (it is also the same thing with 12). The problem is that if I check all the JSON response fields UFT becomes so slow that a single API call takes 15 min to complete. Amy ideas about was is the problem ? Looks like UFT is generating a report for each fields and since it is over 200 fields to validate in the response that is maybe the problem ...

thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Rest API response validation takes over 15 minutes to validate

Hello, 

Is it possible to provide your API test for further investigation?

Two quick questions:

1. Are you using UFT 14.00 GA version?

2. Did your API test generate HTML report or RRV?

Regards,

Angel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Rest API response validation takes over 15 minutes to validate

Hi,

1. There's a quick way to verify if you think it's the report or checkpoints that take the time. We can disable the report in the option dialog, or we can cancel the checkpoints to see if it can improve the performance.

2. There's another way to calculate where and how much the time was actually spent. You can try setup a Fiddler on the same machine as UFT. It can listen and capture network traffic and show the time in different phase in network transition.

Thanks,

Jason

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.