Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Retrieve data of datatype CLOB from database using UFT

Hi,

I am struck with the below scenario using UFT.

I am able to connect to database and able to retrieve the data from database using UFT. But for one table which is having the datatype as CLOB, UFT is throwing error as "datatype not macth". Please let me know if it is possible to retrieve the data which is having the CLOB datatype if yes, let me know the logic or provide the code to retrieve the data.

Tried with below code:

Public Function cfn_FetchCLOBData( ByVal strQuery )

Dim Conn

Dim rs

Set Conn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

Conn.Open "DSN=NRST;uid=nrs;pwd=nrs"

Set rs= Conn.Execute(strQuery) 

garrCLOBData=Split(cfn_ReadCLOB(rs.Fields(0)),vbLF) // throwing error and unable to call the function

rs.Close

Set rs = Nothing

Conn.Close

Set Conn = Nothing

If Err.Number = 0 Then

cfn_FetchCLOBData=True

Else

cfn_FetchCLOBData=False

End If    

End Function

Public function cfn_ReadCLOB ( ByVal prsTemp)

Dim intBlockSize

Dim strTemp

Dim strData

intBlockSize=16384

Do

strTemp =prsTemp.GetChunk(intBlockSize)

If IsNull(strTemp) Then Exit Do

strData = strData & strTemp  

Loop While Len (strTemp) = intBlockSize

cfn_ReadCLOB=strData

End Function

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.