Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Run Results Viewer

Jump to solution

Can Run Result Viewer be installed on machines that do not have QTP installed but are covered under license?

I need to have others view QTP results files viewed [attached] to cases in Quality Center.

The results include execution results along with specific screen captures are in a single file.

What would be the procedure for installing just result viewer on a manager machine?

Thank you all.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thank you all for the feedback.

I have some non coders that may in the immediate future need to view new test results.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unfortunately, this is not possible. However you could always export your results file to html or pdf.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi.

In QTP 11  it's actually possilbe .

In QTP 11 Run Results Viewer is standalone application that doesn't require any license - and you can install by selectiing "Run Results Viewer" option in main screen  during QTP installation.

Regards,

Sasha

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Results Viewer has been available for use without a QTP license in all versions of QTP.

Mark Smith.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thank you all for the feedback.

I have some non coders that may in the immediate future need to view new test results.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am seeing a Garbage text on Run Results Viewer page. It used to work fine, after some windows update result page is not redable.

I even uninstalled and installed QTP11.0 but the result is same.

See attached screen for detail.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

Sorry to reopen this thread. I couldn't find any solution in this post. 

When I open HP Run results viewer, i see garbage text on all the headers/sub menus . Reinstalled the results viewer and also QTP, but still the same.I suspect that, it would be related to font issue. Can anyone help me how to resolve this?

I don't know how it happened before it used to work properly.

Attached the snapshot.

Thanks,
Santhosh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Found the solution! after reinstalling the fonts on system. Following are the steps:

1. Pull all the fonts on a machine where Run Results viewer is working properly.

2.Mount those fonts on your target machine., i.e go to C:\windows\fonts, from file menu->Install new fonts.

Thanks,

Santhosh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Suggest this installation: QuickTest Professional Add-In OR Unified functional testing addin

it is a HP ALM tool that includes only UFT Results Viewer, likely does not require ALM to be installed

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.