New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Captain
Captain

Run UFT scripts in background

Hello Everyone, 

I want to work while UFT scripts running. But It fails when I change screen because it takes mouse and keyboard controI. I installed UFT in remote machine but it occurs same problem. 

Is there any good solution to run UFT scripts in a background while doing anything?

Thanks 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Well,

Since UFT being a GUI testing tool, it is quite impossible to have it running on the same machine you are working on. Simply because you will intefere with it's actions and vice versa.

You can run it on a remote desktop configuration or VmWare and this way it will run unattended and indisturbed.

Citrix sessions are also a solution 

Highlighted
Captain
Captain

Thank you for reply. I will try on these solutions. And what about ALM integration? Is it possible to run my scripts on alm server while working? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

You wish to run the script through the ALM, while it will be running on YOUR machine??

0 Likes
Highlighted
Captain
Captain

Yes it is. Or which ALM solution can run my scripts on server without any concern? 

And I think UFT concurrent licences based on server so it is designed for background run. Is it correct? 

Thank you. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hi again,
Please check this put:
https://admhelp.microfocus.com/uft/en/14.03/UFT_Help/Content/User_Guide/z_Ch_ALM_Running.htm

See if this answers your question

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.