Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Runtime results from UFT to Jenkins Console

Hi team,

i would like to report whats happening in UFT script during runtime to Jenkins consloe output.

Example: In my UFT script, i have a first step which creates the sales order  and it will continue with second step, Now i would like to inform jenkins console that sales order is created and sales order number is "1234"  and the 2nd step "order fulfilment step is started.

is there any method already available which fulfill this functionality? 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: Runtime results from UFT to Jenkins Console

Hi,

Can you elaborate more on what are you exactly trying to achieve? I do not understand what you mean? Are you using the Jenkins plugin for UFT?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hi @Anda Sorina 

i am using hpe-application-automation-tools-plugin in Jenkins.

when i execute the UFT script from jenkins, i get the following console output in jenkins. (refer the screenshot)

in this, we will get only a information of whether the testscript is failed/passed. (refer the highlighted section in the below screenshot). this output is not sufficient for me.

while the execution is going on, i would like to send an intermediate information from UFT to jenkins console to tell what's happening in the script.

say an example: In my UFT script, i have a first step which creates the sales order  and it will continue with second step, Now i would like to inform jenkins console that sales order is created and sales order number is "1234"  and the 2nd step "order fulfilment step is started.  this is an intermediate step before the UFT send the execution status (pass/fail) at the end of execution.

uft.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I don't think this is implemented currently, please raise an enhancement request with us.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi Manjuec,

First of all our official documentation regarding UFT and Jenkins can be found here:

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/uft/en/15.0/UFT_Help/Content/User_Guide/Jenkins.htm

Next, do not download from github the plugin.

To update the plugin go to Jenkins-> Manage plugins and you have the "Updates" tab. In the search input field type: Micro Focus Application Automation Tools ( this is the new name of the plugin). The current version of the plugin is 6.1.

Next issue, the problem you exposed is not a problem, the plugin doesn't record on the console output all the steps from a test. You can see those directly inside UFT.

Imagine if you would run hundreds of tests and display each step from each test, how long console output you would obtain and very difficult to read anymore.

Have a good day.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hi @Anda Sorina ,

yes i am referring to the documentation mentioned by you and also i am using the recent version.

as i mentioned in my detailed requirement, i am not expecting UFT to push each and every step to Jenkins console , i would like to print only the information i want and whenever i want.

Example :

I have a driver script which will execute some 10 actions one after the other. (My jenkins job has mapped to UFT driver script path), UFT driver script will take 30 minutes to execute all the 10 actions.

that means, i will have not have any information for 30 minutes until it tells whether it is passed/failed, i would like to know what's happening in my test. hence i would like to inform jenkins after each action is executed. ex: "creation of sales order" action is completed, sales order is "1234", now the next action "creation of delivery" is going on etc..

i hope my requirement is clear, if not please tell me. i will make it even simpler.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

I know what you want to achieve, but the plugin does not support anything like that at the moment. For some sort of tests ( for example API tests), there is also part of the test result execution displayed on the console,.

What you can do is to raise an enhancement request with our support team.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Dear @Anda Sorina 

Thank you for your response. yes we will create an enhancement request to support team.

Regards,

Manju

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.