381 views

SAP Web Portal - page identification issue - Page vs SAPPortal

Automating SAP Webportal. The page is captured with class value as SAPPortal and is identified in 

UFT as-  Browser("").Page("").

But for some users the same page is recorded as-  Browser("").SAPPortal("").

As read in different portal , I have checked the IE Add ons- 1)Microfocus UFT Agent 2)IEToEdge BHO 

Both are enabled for both the systems . 

Can anyone suggest any other settings to check or enable for both systems to capture the screen as  Browser("").Page("")

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you also choose both Web and SAP addin when creating a new test, it should be recorded as SAPProtal, if only Web, it will be recorded as Web.

If there's still inconsistency even you select the same addin, please open a support case.

0 Likes

The issue actually is while running of the test case . The script has code as Browser().Page(). It executes fine for my system ,but for another system it is not able to identify the code. I tried to capture element in that system ,and found that it captures as Browser().SAPPortal().
Wanted to know if there are any settings to be done to make it consistent  so that the othere system also recognizes the code as Browser ().Page()

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Can you specify the exact error message? Which element cannot be found?

Actually the SAPPortal and Page are all point to the page object under the browser, you may look the SAPPortal as a special version of Page, with more SAP related method.

I guess some object in that page cannot be identified, so you may try to find what's the difference betwen that specific element spied on the target machine and your own machine.

 

Thanks

Jerry

0 Likes

The error is very generic like Object not found .

All the objects identified for my system are not working for the other and the reason is that for me it is captured as Browser().SAPPortal().. 

Earlier too i faced this type of issue but I was able to solve it by enabling the MicroFocus UFT AGent addon for the other system . Since it was disable in the other system ,so the objects pf that page were getting captured as Browser().Page() instead of Browser().SAPPortal().. .

But in this system ,i have enabled that ,still I am facing the issue

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.