Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

SAP support for 740

Hi All experts,

We just upgrade to SAP7.4, and I found that some of the scripts did not work on 7.40 which I made based on SAP7.31.

My questions are:

1, when UFT will support SAP 7.4 for SAP portal and WebDynpro Java?

2, What is the best way to do the script for SAP7.4 portal and WebDynpro Java? By using SAP add-ins? or just using WEB add-ins?

Best Regards,

Jessica

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: SAP support for 740

Hi Jessica

We don't have exact dates when UFT will support SAP7.4 portal and WebDynpro Java, there are enhancements requests already submitted and Development and Research is constantly considering and testing new technologies version to include support in future releases of UFT.

As to the recommended add-in is advisable to use the corresponding technology add-in in this case Sap add-in, you may need to combine add-ins as needed in case the corresponding technology add-in does not recognize specific objects. This will ensure maintenace of the scripts will be as flawless as possible.

regards

Fabio

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Fabio,

Thanks for your response!

My script created in SAP 7.31 is facing a lot of problems when we upgraded to SAP7.40.

Especially for the dropdown, in 7.31, it recognized as Weblist, and select method also worked well.

But in 7.40, dropdown did not recognized as WebList if I use Web add-in, and did not work well .

and dropdown is recognized as SAPList if I used SAP add-in, but select method did not work at all.

We planed to use script to test when we are doing upgrading.

But if the test script itself broken everytime when we do the upgrade, then how should we do to test?

Please suggest any solution which is stable and can be used anytime when we do the upgrade.

Great Thanks.

Best Regards,

Jessica

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Jessica

This could be a problem of how SAP 7.40 is now rendering the webList, if you could compare the html source code between the two versions of SAP you may be able to see the differences that will be the reason for UFT to recognize it differently (if there are no differences we should investigate it more deeply and would recommend you to open a support case).

Again recommendation is to use the corresponding add-in this way every time new version comes out we should be able to guarantee the functionality. Unfortunately we still don’t support that version.

As to suggest possible alternative it will be beneficial if you can provide the html source code of the weblist using F12 browser developer tool.

For example consider the WebList example in the image below, I created a new web object of type WebElement and assigned the weblist description properties to it, then created custom Select function based on innerText property. This an example of general workaround for this scenario, again it depends of what properties are available.

dp.jpg

Best

Fabio

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.