Highlighted
New Member.

Screen Name- Second time through a script

I have used QTP/UFT in the past, many years ago. I am having a problem with my scripts after the first iteraration. The test stops because it is looking for a certain window name and that window name will change each time. Example. I want to change widgets in boxes a-z. I record my test by using box A. And that will work fine, by the second time through I have to open box B and it just stops because it is looking for the window named box A.

Hope that makes sense. Can anyone tell me how to change it so the test does not just look for that certain window to pop up?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: Screen Name- Second time through a script

A little more information. To change the widgets in each box, I have to get to that particular window in my app.

Example CNCRTNXAAA

That opens a window and I double click on that line

That opens another window with the name on the top Network Location - CNCRTNXAAA

Then I change the field inside that box and the scripts starts over.

My next line ic ABLDNYXABB

This opens a window and it double clicks on that line

That opens another window with the name on the top Network Location - ABLDNYXABB

The script stops there. I believe because it id looking for CNCRTNXAAA window

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Try removing the window name from the Windows identifying properties in the OR.  This may not work if the name is the only usable property in the OR.

Mark Smith.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

To add on what Mark said - if the window name is not constant, do not identify the window according to it.

Please note you can use regular experssion if some of the window name is constant.

Tsachi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.