Highlighted
New Member.

Sharing Test Scripts across an organization

Hello, 

I am looking for Best Practices on how to make test scripts that I developed available to my co-workers for execution and editing. 

As of right now, all of the Test Scripts are defaulting to save locally (at my desktop level). 

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Sharing Test Scripts across an organization

We use Subversion to share / maintain / develop scripts between UK & India and it works well.

Mark Smith.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

We are using subversion aswell, having a little issue with how to merge scripts though. There seems to be some option to add a merging tool but haven't been able to get it to work.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

We use the Tortoise utility tortoiseMerge

Mark Smith.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

How do you handle the binary files like the object repository? There are some other files in the testcase that are also not plain text files. Do you simply exclude there from version controll? How does this affect the tests? Can you merge just the script files and skip the rest?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

We don't use ORs, we use DP which is not an issue to SVN.

Mark Smith.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

What about the files Resource.mtr that exist under each action and Parameters.mtr and Test.tsp that exist under the test root folder? Can you just skip the merge of these files?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.