Sometimes on opening the QTP/UFT , We are getting 'License Error'
Sometimes on opening the QTP/UFT , We are getting 'License Error' even though we connected to proper licensing server and sometimes after restarting the system and UFT solving the problem and sometimes not.
May i know the exact reason why UFT behaves like this abnormal way?
Hope you are doing well.
A possible reason of this error could be that the license configuation files in local drive are broken.
Please try below steps and le us know if the issue get solved.
1. On UFT machine, navigate to C:\ProgramData\Hewlett-Packard\UFT\.
2. Delete the folders "Common" and "License".
3. Restart UFT, and set the license server address.
4. Issue should be resolved.
Also below document explain some general Errors like: "License Error: General QuickTest Professional license server error..." which contain another possible reasons:
- QuickTest Professional is set to use a Local license, not a Floating license.
- QuickTest Professional cannot find the License Server Machine.
- The Floating license was created for zero users.
- The license server service is not running.
- The user is connecting to the License Server via VPN.
Hope you will find well this information.
Customer Support Engineer
If you find thst aat this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the pond show your appreciation.