Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Standalone Object Identification Center under LeanFT does not work after upgrading to version 14.3

Standalone Object Identification Center under LeanFT does not work after upgrading to version 14.3

The standalone Object Identification Center was working in version 14.1. After upgrade to 14.3 the Standalone Object Identification Center does not load. I can see a icon that looks like a hat on the status bar in Windows but nothing comes up on the screen.

System details: Windows 7 Service pack 1

0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: Standalone Object Identification Center under LeanFT does not work after upgrading to version 14

Hi,

Please try deleting the %LOCALAPPDATA%\LeanFT\Preferences\OICLeanFTSettings.json file and launch the OIC again.

Also, could you attach the log of the OIC (%LOCALAPPDATA%\LeanFT\Logs\leanft.oic.log)?

Thanks,

Yevgeny.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Standalone Object Identification Center under LeanFT does not work after upgrading to version 14

Hi,

I found the same suggestion of deleting the .json file under preferences in another post and tried it. Unfornately it didnt work for me. Please  advise if you have any other suggestions.

Cannot attach the log since its my employers data.

thanks,

Pradeep.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Please open the Task Manager before you launch the OIC and then when you launch it see if you have any process of LeanFT.exe running.

Are they created and then immediatelly closed, or they are not created at all?

Regarding the logs, no problem, in such case can you open it yourself and send me any error you see there, if there are errors?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue.

I can see the Leanft process is created and stays until i close the OIC.

Can you Please suggest the fix for this?

Thank You,

Manoj

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Which OS are you using and is desktop composition enabled?

Yevgeny.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hi,

I am using Windows 10 Enterprise.

i think desktop composition is enabled by default in Windows 10.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Please try starting the OIC this way, and see if it works:

"<LeanFT Installation Directory>\Tools\bin\leanft\LeanFT.exe" --application=spy --invokerIde=standalone --mode=LeanFT --disable-gpu

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Awesome, it worked.

Thanks a lot Yevgeny.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Manoj,

Please notice that there is already a fix for this issue in one of the latest releases. If you upgrade you probably won't need this workaround.

Regards,

Yevgeny.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Thanks for the information Yevgeny.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.