Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: Test execution via TFS extension fails

Just small question @PaulaP .. regarding step 2 .. browsers cache .. you mean my own browser of my local machine where I run the builds through azure devops? Or the browsers cache from the agent machine? (sorry maybe it's a stupid question ..)

I was thinking one thing .. maybe the task of report was not deleted because I have some builds already set up with the old tasks ... I don't know if this makes sense or not .. anyway .. I will follow all your steps 😉

Regards,

Diogo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

It's best to delete the cache from the machine from which you uninstall/re-install the extension. Also, make sure to check the builds definitions before running.

I would have a question about that warning: It does not directly interfere with the way your tests are run, am I right? I just want to make sure I understood it correctly. For now, I can say that the warning might not be extension-related, but only generated by some other tasks used within the pipeline. If that's the case, I suggest you research the warning in regard to the publishers of the other tasks you might use.

Thank you,

Paula

Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Hi,

Regarding the warning itself is only related when I invoke the task RunFromFileSystem from UFT extension but you are right .. I will delete the extension first. I have now permissions to manage the extensions 😉 I will let you know in a couple of minutes the results.

Anyway it does not interfere with the test itself. Everything runs normal .. so it's not a a problem at all. It was just a doubt that I had.

Many thanks for your help.

Diogo 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

I've just one more question @PaulaP ..sorry for the amount of questions ... I don't know if you can help me or not .. but when I have a script which as a basic operation of drag and drop of one webelement. It works pretty well on my local machine and even on my agent machine when my session is initiated via remote desktop session. 

The problem is, when my remote desktop session is closed .. the test runs normally also but this operation of drag/drop apart from having the green check ... this doesn't work at all ... never ... if I open the remote desktop session, and if I run the test again the results are great ..(I am using Chrome browser) .. 

Right now I 've done everything that I could ...no more options to troubleshoot this .. On Micro Focus help page I found this:

diogo_cruz_0-1588161208207.png

I don't know if this issue that I am having is something related to this or not ... Do you have or experience something similar to this?

Regards,

Diogo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

Unfortunately, I have not worked with this kind of connection. Currently, I run my tests while the connection to my agent machine is open. 

For now, I have no answer for it, but I will investigate this and let you know.

Thank you, 

Paula

Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Hi @PaulaP 

Just did what you suggested and in fact now the Uft Test Results Report task is missing which means that the extension was well installed.

However I still have the annoying warning ... 

diogo_cruz_0-1588169003506.png

Don't know what to do more regarding this ...

Regarding the other issue of drag and drop .. I was thinking about the agent's configuration ... I don't know if it could be something related or not ... I don't know .. I read somewhere .. It was in fact on Micro Focus help page .. 

diogo_cruz_1-1588169414868.png

And I believe mine it's not like this ... I don't know if this InteractiveSession is the same of UI mode ...

diogo_cruz_2-1588170469890.png

Regards

Diogo

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @diogo_cruz,

I kept going back and forth with my answer and all I can say is that I find it quite weird that only that particular operation (drag & drop) is failing. I am still unsure what implication does the interactiveSession property have, but it's worth giving it a try.

Please set its value to true and try to re-run your test in the same way in which it used to fail before to see if any changes occur. 

Update: Check this for extra details on the difference between interactive vs service run: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/pipelines/agents/agents?view=azure-devops&tabs=browser#interactive-or-service

Thank you, 

Paula

Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Hi Paula, I was doing some researches on the weekend and trying a couple of things ... and I found out a workaround to deal with this .. in fact is something within Micro Focus community site. Here: https://community.microfocus.com/t5/UFT-One-User-Discussions/lt-UFT-Support-Tip-gt-Using-Drag-and-Drop-methods-for-objects/m-p/584858 The solution provided by jitu solved my problem 🙂 Also I think that this new extension of UFT for Azure is working better than the previous one .. I can now run my builds with a disconnected/logged off session ... however my connection to the agent machine (via remote desktop session) needs to be established .. I mean .. I need to have my user logged in the machine .. If I sign out from this machine instead of disconnect from rdp session ... I will get this error when I start to run one of my builds on Azure: "The Micro Focus Unified Functional Testing computer is locked or logged off." on the report of UFT itself ... it's a little bit strange because I have all the things configured on UFT settings, etc ... but it's not a big problem ... I don't know if you face something similar with this or not .. Many thanks for your help Paula, If you need any help from my side please contact me 😉 Regards, Diogo
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

I am glad you managed to solve this issue. It would be ideal to run our tests without the need for an established connection but, for now, it's ideal to be logged in to ensure that all is working without any interference.

Have a nice day,
Paula
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Hi @PaulaP 

I hope you are fine.

I am doing a lot of tests now once everything is set up, however, sometimes I don't know why I am getting a lot of times the screenshots in black ... like showed on the image below:

diogo_cruz_0-1589193263209.png

I saw some tricks on google like creating a registry file to allow running the tests on remote desktop while the window is minimized (that is not the case now because I am running without any remote desktop session active ...). I've noticed that if I open the connection and run the tests I don't have any problem like the one shown ... 

Did you experience something like this already?

Regards,

Diogo

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Diogo,

I happen to encounter that issue when running UFT tests over a remote session, but I am unable to trace the cause of this issue, since it does not reproduce at all times, having the same circumstances. 

As far as I understood, you could try to see if this UFT Option helps you. Please input your data and they try to re-run a pipeline containing tests that used to have that issue.

Running_UFT_tests_remotely.pngRunning_UFT_tests_remotely_2.png

Thank you,

Paula

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Hi @PaulaP 

Thanks for the help. In fact, I really tried that .. it was my first configuration when I finished the set up of Azure DevOps ... it's a little bit annoying because if I connect to the remote machine and disconnect and run the tests within 15min .. everything goes well ... If more than 15 minutes pass ... all my tests fail ... some objects are not identified and all the screenshots that I have from the errors are black ... 

I think this is due to Machine Inactivity timeout (after 15 minutes the machine locks the screen and session) which I am not allowed to change once is a domain policy so .. I am searching on google for some solutions and trying a couple more things ... one of the things that I read is that if you schedule on Task Scheduler a task with an action/small script to press a key or something like that it will stop your computer from lock the session and it should solve this problem .. Well I am not so convinced about that yet ... but I will try out this ... If I get success I will let you know 😉

Regards,

Diogo Cruz

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.