NOTICE: Significant community changes coming soon
The header menu and the home page on our community will be changing soon. Get more information HERE.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor.

Testing Angular 7 based application with UFT

I use UFT 15.0 and  Mozilla Firefox in recorder to capture web elements. Recorder is unable to store them with the most of recording options. Insight Recording function is seemingly working, but InsightObjects look like Sikuli script and resulting flaky tests.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

hi, there

Will you give a more specific example where UFT doesn't record and what's expected to be recorded?

Thanks.

James 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

This site is based on Angular: https://developer.db.com/. I started recording and clicked on a few objects on this page. It hasn't any effect on recording window. I changed also recording mode. This is what I get: Attached uft.png file. I tried all of these modes. Attached rec.png file.Recording works well in other cases, like in Windows dialog windows, but not on Angular based sites.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.