Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Testing Graphical markings using QTP

The application I test displays some graphical markings in the screen. Please refer the attachment.

Till some months back, I was using the GetVisibleText method by setting the Text recognition method as 'Windows API'. This used to give a symbol for each type of marking which was unique. But now that microsoft has discontinued this method and HP also removed this option, I am stuck since the 'OCR only' setting is recognizing 2 different markings as the alphabet 'i'.

The solution to use Bitmap checkpoints is cumbersome because each marking has 6 combinations and I will end up creating 5*6=30 bitmap checkpoints for one screen alone. The same has to be repeated for 3 more screens.

Can anyone suggest an alternate solution or an improved Text recognition mechanism with the setting 'OCR only' ? I tried adding multiple languages in QTP, but there is no improvement.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Testing Graphical markings using QTP

Hi RMED,

UFT insight recrding will help you i think,

See attached screenshot of the recorded script, you can do similarly 

///Kiran///

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.