Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Testing windows application with UFT

Hello guys 

Can you suggest me any tutorial or documents of windows applications testing with UFT?

5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Testing windows application with UFT

hi, 

Please kindly check this link:

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/uft/en/14.03/UFT_Help/Content/Landing_Pages/UFT_Tutorial_Landing_Page.htm

it might not be exactly Windows app based but should suffice to give the idea.

Thanks.

James

Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Thanks James, I checked it.

But can you give me more detailed learning or tutorial of web application testing included diffence between testing in web application and windows application its challenges. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

hi, 

I am sorry that there's no more detailed thing we can provide. I guess you should visit this forum again if you encounter any difficulty. There are a lot of experts here willing to help. 🙂

Thanks.

James

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

What kind of Windows desktop application would you like to test?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Gan-Oril,
Follow the link below (It's the same link from James). There are 2 tutorials in section Printer-friendly tutorials at the very end the page. One for Windows App & the other for Web apps.

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/uft/en/14.03/UFT_Help/Content/Landing_Pages/UFT_Tutorial_Landing_Page.htm#Printer

When you complete both the tutorials, I hope you would understand the differences between testing different technologies.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.