Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Trail version of UFT 14.01 suddenly starts asking for License Key

I was working and assessing HPE UFT in my company for testing automation purpose. Tool was working fine for last two weeks, but today it stopped. When I'm trying to run it, I'm facing issue with license. By my understanding trial license should last for 60 days.

I tried reinstallation and repair module of UFT, but it didn't address the problem. Also, when I was working with UFT I faced infamous blue screen, not sure if that matters, but issue with licensing started when I restarted machine.

I noticed some topics with similar issue to mine, but outdated and without any solution.

Unfortunetaly your forum doesn't allow to attach UFT log file due to the mismatched extension. Therefore I'm pasting error that's being reported directly here...

------------------------------

2017-09-21 14:34:36,191 ExceptionFormatter [   1] ERROR HP.UFT.License.Autopass.LicenseNotFoundException: No License
   w HP.UFT.License.Autopass.AutopassLicenseManager2.CheckProductLicense(Int32 productLoginImplicitFeature)
   w HP.UFT.License.Autopass.AutopassLicenseManager2.CheckLicense()
   w HP.QTP.BackEndServices.BackEndManager.CheckLicense(Boolean isAutomation)
   w HP.QTP.BackEndServices.BackEndManager.InitializeProduct(Boolean isAutomation)
2017-09-21 14:34:36,191 HP.QTP.BackEndServices [   1] ERROR No available license.
Exception Data:
No License
Stack Trace:
   w HP.UFT.License.Autopass.AutopassLicenseManager2.CheckProductLicense(Int32 productLoginImplicitFeature)

2017-09-21 14:42:40,470 ExceptionFormatter [   1] ERROR HP.UFT.License.Autopass.LicenseNotFoundException: No License
2017-09-21 14:42:40,470 HP.QTP.BackEndServices [   1] ERROR No available license.
Exception Data:
No License
Stack Trace:

-----------------------------

Can you please advice?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Trail version of UFT 14.01 suddenly starts asking for License Key

Hi Vejitaru

Can you please search on your disk under %appdata% to see if you have this AutopassN.log? (Based on your operating system, it is stored under a difrent location, if you let me know i will give you the exact path). This log will share more details on the license error you are facing. 

There are a few scenarios where the demo license expire earlier : it overlaps with a previous UFT demo license ( for any uft version that was previously installed on the machine), or the system date has been changed.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Lavinia,

This file doesn't exist on my disk. Only AutopassN files I can find on my harddrive are some .dll libraries. Might it be possible that the file has been removed when I was trying to reinstall UFT?

Machine I'm working on haven't had any UFT installed yet, system date hasn't been altered neither.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The Autopass log is generated for any license error, but if its not on the machine this might be a case of demo license expired.

When was your first instalation of UFT on the machine? Was it just two weeks ago or a little longer? With demo license you will have a countdown of days untill it expires. Do you recall the last number of days before you got the no error? Blue screen might interfere, but its a very low chance.

Unfortunatly, once the demo license expired on your machine, you will not be able to use it for a period of time ( > 90 days) . If you still want to evaluate uft you will need to install it on a difrent machine.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Lavinia,

I had 43 (or 42) days left on trial version before that happened. 

I suppose it will be faster to deploy trial on different machine than actually find a root cause of this problem and address it. 

Thank you for the support 🙂

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

We would be happy to try and help. Is the machine with UFT still available? 

Tsachi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.