Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Established Member.. devanathanb
Established Member..

UFT 11.50 ODBC connection failed with Oracle 11

Jump to solution

Hi,

We had UFT installed on one server but have recently moved to another.

On the first server we were able to use ODBC connection to connect to the database.

The process to configure this was simple we downloaded the Oracle client which contained the odbc driver ran the install and we were able to connect.

The only difference between the servers is that the old sever connected to a database on a seperate machine

whereas the new new server needs to connect to a database locally.

Upon all I am using the same connection string as on the server that worked, with the neccessary changes for Host name and  SID etc changing the values which are different for the new database.

The error message iis "Oracle client and networking components were not found

you will be unable to use this driver until these componenets have been installed

there is one other difference"

I was able to produce the same error on the original server by removing a path to C:\oracleexe\app\oracle\product\11.3.0\server in the PATH environment variable whereas

the new server does not have an oraclexe.

I even checked for privilege permission on the new software which hides the folder visiblity and made administrative permissions for Oracle_Home directory. still no use.

Please help me in this regard to get rid of the connection issue between UFT and our new oracle 11 database.

Thanks & Regards

Balaaji Devanathan

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. vzamoraz Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: UFT 11.50 ODBC connection failed with Oracle 11

Jump to solution

Hi Balaaji,

Try this:

1.     -Uninstall your Oracle clients (all oracle drivers)

2.     -Rebooted my machine

3.     -Download 32-bit client from this link Oracle 12c client (Look for the section near the bottom labeled Oracle Database 12c Release 1 Client (12.1.0.1.0) for Microsoft Windows (x64 and 32-bit))

4.     -Installed 32-bit client [to C:\oracle\product\12.1.0\client_32]

8.     -Rebooted again 

Regards,

HP support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, mark it as an accepted solution.

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Balaaji ,

Most of the times , problems related to database connectivity will not be related to UFT.

It will be something to do with the script / privileges / connection string.

1st you need to run your script outside UFT as a VBS file and see if that works fine or not.

If the VBS file gives you same error , it means that issue is something else and not related to UFT.

If the VBS file runs fine and only through UFT if you face issues , then troubleshooting can be done from UFT perspective.

So in your case , are you able to establish ODBC connection on this machine from outside UFT successfully ?

Regards ,

[If this post or any other post helps to resolve your issue or query, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance. ]

( Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer HPE in any way . )
0 Likes
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thank you so much for your swift reply, keeping all these points in mind I have already checked the privilege and connection strings, but never checked outside UFT.

Will check and let you know the status soon whether issue is really over UFT.

Thanks & Regards

Balaaji Devanathan

0 Likes
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have tested a connection string without UFT.

I created a vbscript file and tested the following connection string:

Conn = CreateObject(“ADODB.Connection”)

Srvname =”Driver={Oracle in OraClient11g_home2}; &_

“Connectstring=(DESCRIPTTION=” &_

“(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP) “ &_

“(HOST=”& HOST &”) (PORT=”& PORT &”))” &_

“(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=”& SID &”))); uid=”& USER &”;pwd=” & USER & “;”

Conn.Open Srvname

If conn.State = “1” Then

Msgbox(“Connected”)

Else

Msgbox(“Not Connected”)

End If

This returns “Connected” in the external vbscript file.

In QTP I replace Msgbox with print and when I run the same function “Not Connected” is returned.

Please advise and provide your input to resolve the issue.

Regards

Balaaji Devanathan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. vzamoraz Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Balaaji,

Try this:

1.     -Uninstall your Oracle clients (all oracle drivers)

2.     -Rebooted my machine

3.     -Download 32-bit client from this link Oracle 12c client (Look for the section near the bottom labeled Oracle Database 12c Release 1 Client (12.1.0.1.0) for Microsoft Windows (x64 and 32-bit))

4.     -Installed 32-bit client [to C:\oracle\product\12.1.0\client_32]

8.     -Rebooted again 

Regards,

HP support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, mark it as an accepted solution.

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.