Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1307 views

UFT 11.52 is slow ~ 30-40 sec to find browser and pages during run time

Jump to solution

UFT 11.52 is slow ~ 30-40 sec to find browser and pages during run time but eventually does find and runs ok at normal speed. This happens every time a new page is loaded, it stalls for a while to find the browser then continues fast. In the run result there are no warnings or use of smart id shown. I have also disabled Smart ID in Tools > Object Identification but had no effect.

The browser is uniquely identified by the 'name' property, I have tried to add in further assistive properties but it has no effect and the results show these have been ignored and the 'name' property was used.

If I pause the run and open the OR and use the 'Highlight in application' button it identifies the browser and all objects with instantly. If I hit Run again it picks up the browser and runs ok!

I’ve tried with and without ‘with’ statements and used descriptive programming for browser but still slow

I test lots of other web apps and never had this problem before

Anyone any ideas how I can speed up the initial browser recognition?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Double check you don't have creation time set at the Browser level and/or Smart Identification set.  If you're using shared OR's, make sure there aren't any local, duplicate objects at the test/component level that could be causing confusion.

 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

I cannot be certain it helps everywhere, but we've switched some of our testing to start with an about:blank / blank webpage.   For many tests it seemed to speed things up for us.

I will also add that we noticed much better browser handling when we upgraded UFT to 12.5x

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Double check you don't have creation time set at the Browser level and/or Smart Identification set.  If you're using shared OR's, make sure there aren't any local, duplicate objects at the test/component level that could be causing confusion.

 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks very much for the pointer JohnQC 🙂

In the OR the browser had in the Ordinal identifier section - 'Creation Time, 0'. I assumed as it was 0 it would make no different however I changed the Ordinal identifier type to 'None' for the Browser and first page and it's now being picked up instantly during run time and my tests a running at normal speed.

 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.