Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Mahesh_Illur
New Member.

UFT 11.53 unable to identify Devexpress controls

Hi,

Could someone please advise does UFT supports devexpress controls as the application trying to automate consists of these controls.

UFT 11.53  unable to recognise pivot grids,ribbon control,tab control, menu items etc and identified as swfobjects which provides limited methods to work.

Do I need to do some settings or missing something.

Appreciate your help.

Thank you

0 Likes
5 Replies
Respected Contributor.. Trimper Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: UFT 11.53 unable to identify Devexpress controls

We currently use UFT against a .net desktop applicaiton developed with the DevExpress framework.   I will admit we've had some challenges in interacting with objects as well as locating them easily.    I cannot provide any insight to location of elements because that seems to be based on how the applicaiton is developed.

As for the objects - I've found we can always interact with elements at the .object level.    We have written some simple wrappers for frequent actions to make our lives easier.    If infrequent, we just use something like SwfObject("name").object.action to do stuff.    Not perfect, not horrible...

0 Likes
Mahesh_Illur
New Member.

I do agree this is one alternative, but the AUT intellisence is not showing up any  any methods after .object. Hence we are unable to proceed further.

Do you have any insight for this?

0 Likes
Ervin Contributor.
Contributor.

this is similar to the issue we have on my application. the menu ribbons are not recognizable same thing with the tabs. the application is coded on a .net framework using VB and wpf plus actipro wcf suite. i hope someone from here can help me fixing the issue.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

hi, Ervin

UFT 11.53 is quite old a version that the support to it is stopped. If it is possible to upgrade UFT to 14.03 latest patch, please do and retry.

Thanks.

James 

0 Likes
Ervin Contributor.
Contributor.

Thanks James. The UFT version that we are using is 14.53. We will request to upgrade the patch. I will let you know the result. Thanks a lot!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.