Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

UFT 11 - Seat License Issue

Hi ,

I have UFT 11.0 & seat license for it.

I changed the IP address of my computer but now UFT is giving me a license error.

Following steps wer done after i got this error -

1. Select Install License button

2. Select Seat License

3. Click on Next Button

4. Got a message - Do u want to install new license code ? If you want to enter a new or modified license code , click yes . If your seat license code is already installed , CLick No to save your selected license type.

5. Selected No

6. Got a message that Licesne Type set successfully. Please restart the application for change to take effect.

7. Clicked on Finish

But still the QTP license issue is coming.

Do we need to follow the above step as the administrator of the machine ?

OR

Do we need to again go a for a locking code and the whole process of geting seat license.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: UFT 11 - Seat License Issue

A license for QTP is based on a unique Locking Code for the system where QTP is installed. This Locking Code is generated by software that comes with QTP, and it is based on elements of the system that should not be changing. This is to ensure that the license is "locked" to the system for which it was purchased and can't be used to enable the product on other systems in violation of the licensing agreement.

By changing the IP of the system, you have changed the Locking Code that the QTP software calculates for it. That makes your existing license invalid. You need to contact HPE Support about exchanging that license for a new one that matches the new locking code your machine now has.

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.