UFT 12.02 : Unspecified error on ADODB connection consistently in UFT 12.02 env
unspecified error for ADODB Connection
1) while connecting excel sheet through UFT using ADODB connection, it shows Unspecified error.
UFT version - 12.02
screenshot : refer the attachment for the error.
Example : Snippet
Set objConn = Nothing
strFilePath = "H:\test.xls"
strConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=" + strFilePath + ";Extended Properties=""Excel 12.0 xml;HDR=Yes;IMEX=1"""
Set objConn = Nothing
Set objTestData = Nothing
'If objConn = Nothing Then
Set objConn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
2) But while connecting excel sheet through VBA using ADODB connection, it is working fine.
Re: UFT 12.02 : Unspecified error on ADODB connection consistently in UFT 12.02 env
Hope you are doing well.
HP does not provide support over the connection string, driver or database engine, so its configuration is the end-user's responsability. Below document contain suggestions collected over various scenarios.
Also i found another possibility that may help you:
- I uninstalled all oracle drivers I had installed previously
- Rebooted my machine
- Downloaded the 64-bit and 32-bit Oracle 12c client install packages– look for the section near the bottom labeled Oracle Database 12c Release 1 Client (22.214.171.124.0) for Microsoft Windows (x64 and 32-bit)
- Installed 64-bit client first [installed to C:\oracle\product\12.1.0\client_64]
- Rebooted my machine [Note: I tried installing the 32-bit version immediately afterward, but I got a weird installer error. It worked fine after the reboot.]
- Installed 32-bit client [installed to C:\oracle\product\12.1.0\client_32]
- Rebooted again (because Windows)
I don't know what the magic sauce was here - maybe installing the full client instead of just the ODAC package did the trick.
Hope you will find well this information.
Customer Support Engineer
If you find thst aat this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the pond show your appreciation.