Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

UFT 12.02 and Google Chrome Exstension for Chrome version 44 and 46

Hi

In the organisation I work for most of auotmation testers are working with UFT12.02 in some capacity, Patch 1 and Patch 2 thus far.

At our organisation we test using cross browsers, maily IE, Google Chrome and in some instances Firefox.

We recently were made aware of a problem relating to UFT12.02 and the HP Unified Google Chrome extension.  Because of a poly put in place by google it will now not let you Unpack the extension for the Chrome browser to work and recognize objects in test ran using the Chrome browser.

We have a support case open on this with HP which is currently active (You can see in more detail the particulars of the problem and also what the engineer has advised us and what we have perform and their results.  Basically we have tried your prescribed workaround explained in your KB artcile to work around which basically consists of the following steps ***** Case Number 4652970865*****

Due to a new security policy implemented in Google Chrome, it no longer allows the UFT installation to install the extension as it did previously. The Chrome extension now needs to be installed manually.

You can find the instructions to install the extension manually on HP's support site, but here is basically what needs to be done:

1. Locate the Agent.crx to install.

For Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Unified Functional Testing\bin\Chrome

1. Create a copy of the Agent.crx file you see in the above folder and rename the copied file extension to Agent.zip (Keep the copied file in the same folder as the Agent.crx file)

2. Extract Agent.zip to a folder called Agent

3. Verify that the above steps ran correctly

The folder \bin\Chrome\Agent should now include the following file/directory:

a. Agent [Directory] b. Manifest.json

1. Start Chrome

2. Get the Extensions listing:

Navigate to the URL: chrome://extensions

or...

Go to Chrome > Tools > Extensions

1. If there is already a QuickTest Professional or Unified Functional Testing Agent extension installed in Chrome, you'll need to remove it and then restart Chrome

2. Make sure the UFT agent is not listed under Extensions in Chrome

3. Enable Developer Mode by checking the Developer Mode selection on the Extensions page

4. Click on the 'Load unpacked extension' button.

5. In the “Browse For Folder” dialog, select the folder \bin\Chrome\Agent (same Agent folder that you created above)

12.Confirm the new extension by clicking the “Add” button in the “Confirm New Extension” window

1. You should now see the Unified Functional Testing Agent extension in the Chrome Extensions list

2. Restart Chrome

After performing this and other suggestion made that can be seen on the case the issue still occurs ***Please reveiw the particulars of the case and if you require any addtional information please dont hesitate to ask*** Please advise on the best way forward with the actions we hyave already taken in mind.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi rmcnu1

From the last group of steps you follow

Go to Chrome > Tools > Extensions

1. If there is already a QuickTest Professional or Unified Functional Testing Agent extension installed in Chrome, you'll need to remove it and then restart Chrome

2. Make sure the UFT agent is not listed under Extensions in Chrome

3. Enable Developer Mode by checking the Developer Mode selection on the Extensions page

4. Click on the 'Load unpacked extension' button.

5. In the “Browse For Folder” dialog, select the folder \HP\Unified Functional Testing\bin\Chrome instead of \bin\Chrome\agent
    As image shows below

Then click ok
    Let me know if extension is added 
    Of course before that you should have already extracted the Agent.crx inside Chrome folder, as the image below shows.

HPE support
If you find this useful, mark Kudos.
Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Additionally, 

Patch 2 don't have support for Chrome 44

PAtch 3 includes beta support for Chrome 44 and 45

Patch 4 includes  beta Chrome 46 supports  for UFT 12.02 and this patch is cumulative.

Regards,

HPE support
If you find this useful, mark Kudos.
Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.