Absent Member.
Absent Member.

UFT 12.02 does not identify IE11 browser count during run time but it works fine during debugging

Hi,

I have UFT 12.02 installed on my machine. I am using the below code to identify the number of IE11 browsers currently open on a Windows 7 machine. 

Set oBrow = Description.Create 
oBrow("micclass").Value = "Browser"
Set oTemp = Desktop.ChildObjects(oBrow)

nBrowserCount = oTemp.count

This code works fine on IE 8 browser but on running the same code on IE 11 it does not identify how many IE11 browsers are open and nBrowserCount value remains 0. The wierd thing is that the same code works fine on IE11 when I run it in debug mode but, when I run the script independently it shows incorrect result. 

I have searched a lot on the internet for a solution to this problem but I am not able to find anything.

Can someone please help me with this issue?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Try with version property also.

oBrow("version").Value = "internet explorer 11"

Also keep in mind that UFT will consider only the browsers opened after UFT launched.

Accept as solution/Give Kudos to the author if the piece of information answered/helped you to solve your problem.
All the thoughts here are mine not related to my employer nor anyone.
Test Automation Ecstasy
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

We have upgraded our existing browser to IE11 and we have execute all automation scripts into IE11 with UFT12; but UFT is showing the IE11 (single) brower count as 2 and when a additional browser is opened total count is shown as 3, hence it unable to close the additional browser in single straight execuiton.

But this works, when we execute the script debugg mode (or) after some wait time. 

Note: In few situations, we open more than 1 additional browser and max of 4 additional browsers.

Can someone focus some light here?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, I also have faced this Issue.

I am trying to delete all browsers except ALM and I get a count higher than actual number of browsers open. As a workaround, I check for browser.exist each time before deleting the browser.

Accept as solution/Give Kudos to the author if the piece of information answered/helped you to solve your problem.
All the thoughts here are mine not related to my employer nor anyone.
0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

I realize this is an old post, but maybe this will help some other 'poor' guy looking for an answer.

I had some similar issues with getting the count of IE 11 opened browsers, with UFT 12.02, and this patch : UFT_00132 seems to fix them (even if I couldn't find a resolved known problem similar to this in the description list of the patch).

The download link :

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01796107

Accept as solution and give kudos to the author if the information helped you solve your problem.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Did you get it working?

Even i have same problem and would like to know how you resolved the issue. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Lakshmi K

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Even I am facing the saem issue. While trying to dowload the patch its saying "You don't have permission". Can someone please help to resolve the issue?

Thanks in advance.

User

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.