Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

UFT 12.02 setup gives you "Failed to open registry key" error from new PC

Jump to solution

When UFT 12.02 setup.exe is run on a new PC, the following error is displayed:

HP Setup Wrapper

Failed to open registry key

SOFTWARE\POLICIES\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\INSTALLER

Is this the expected error if use does not have local admin rights to the PC?

Thanks.

Gilbert

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: UFT 12.02 setup gives you "Failed to open registry key" error from new PC

Jump to solution

Gilbert,

In this documentation I commented you, you can find the specific registry key you'll require to provide to the It department in order to get the minimum requirements to run UFT commonly.

Also If this is useful or solves the issue remember to mark the "accept as a solution" button

Best Regards,

Andrés J. Brenes
HP Software Support.
[If this information solves or helps solve your issue, mark the correct one with "Accept as solution" or as "helpful"]

[Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.
No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.]

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Gilbert,

I hope you have a nice day!

So far what I can comment you is that this may be related with the Required Rights this user may need to complete the task, be sure to review this information: KM183747

Also related issues have been solved by following next steps:

1. Go to start > Run >Type : msconfig
2. In the window that opens click >services tab >un-check windows installer
3. press appl

I hope this can be useful,

I'll be waiting for your response

Best Regards,

Andrés J. Brenes

HP Software Support.

[If this information solves or helps solve your issue, mark the answer as helpful]

[Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.]

Andrés J. Brenes
HP Software Support.
[If this information solves or helps solve your issue, mark the correct one with "Accept as solution" or as "helpful"]

[Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

This helps Andres. 

When I typed msconfig, I get an error saying I don't have sufficient privilege to run System Configuration. So, I have to contact our HelpDesk to ask for local admin rights. which I have in the old PC they replaced today.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Gilbert,

In this documentation I commented you, you can find the specific registry key you'll require to provide to the It department in order to get the minimum requirements to run UFT commonly.

Also If this is useful or solves the issue remember to mark the "accept as a solution" button

Best Regards,

Andrés J. Brenes
HP Software Support.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.