Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

UFT 12.5 and Firefox 38.2.1 ESR : Unable to spy the objects

Jump to solution

I have recently downloaded UFT 12.5. I need to do a POC for cross browser. I am able to run my scripts on IE and Chrome. 

However I am unable to run the scripts on Firefox 38.2.1 ESR as none of the objects are recognized. Everything is being identified as an Window. Please note i have laucnhed the application after opening UFT.

I am luching UFT using a vbs file and below is the code that i am using. Firefiox browser is launched successfully but none of the objects are being identified by UFT.

The UFT addon is enabled.

qtTest.Settings.Launchers("Web").Active = True
qtTest.Settings.Launchers("Web").Browser = "FF"    'Use CHROME or IE or FF
qtTest.Settings.Launchers("Web").Address = "www.google.com"
qtTest.Settings.Launchers("Web").CloseOnExit = True

Can anyone please help me resolving this? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: UFT 12.5 and Firefox 38.2.1 ESR : Unable to spy the objects

Jump to solution

I got it working after installing \\HP\Unified Functional Testing\Installations\Firefox\AgentLegacy.xpi

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I am seeing the same issue. Please advise.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I got it working after installing \\HP\Unified Functional Testing\Installations\Firefox\AgentLegacy.xpi

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks Biswajit. I got it working after installing the AgentLegacy.xpi.

For the new folks looking for the solution, Please follow the below steps:

1. Navigate to the \\<YourRootFolder>\Unified Functional Testing\MSI\HP\Unified Functional Testing\Installations\Firefox

2. The firfox folder contains two xpi files - AgentLegacy.xpi and Agent.xpi

3. Open Firefox

4. Drag the xpi files to firefox window and install.

5. Restart firefox

Thanks,

Ankesh

Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
I too found that this fixed my problem, however, has anyone else noticed how slow Firefox runs when this legacy plug-in is installed? Any recommendations on how to inprove the speed of Firefox? Thanks! -Ken
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.