Absent Member.
Absent Member.

UFT 12.51 Unable to Identify CreationTime 1 and Greater in FireFox Browsers

Hi All,

My scenario is as below.

I am having autiomation scripts created on UFT 12.02 with Patch3 installed for firefox version 36. recently I have updated my test setup to UFT 12.51 with Patch1 and FireFox browser to version 40. After upgradation scripts are working fine till its working on browser having creationtime 0 however scripts are created to work on multiple creationtime browser windows in firefox.

My Issue is - this current setup is not able to identify the firefox browser having creationtime greater than or equal to 1. It is identifying such browsers as "Window : Mozilla Firefox".

I have also checked on previous versions of firefox browsers but not able get it identified. It seems that problem is with the UFT 12.51, please suggest on this issue if there is any solution or it is known issue.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Cannot say that I have any brilliant ideas here, but a short question. Is the browser windows opened by automation activity within the first browser window, or are you opening addtional windows from within your automation code directly?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OM_H,

Yes, the second firefox browser window is getting opened by automation activity within first browser window.

Please attached screenshot for details.

0 Likes
Vice Admiral

Ok, have you tried to open two browser windows directly from UFT code? For example through SystemUtil.Run ? Are those two windows then detected with creation time '0' and '1' or is the same creation time-problem relevant in this scenario?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, I have tried opening 2 firefox browsers using SystemUtil.Run, UFT is having no problem in identifying both the browsers on seperate creationtime. however as stated earlier problem occures when second browser window is getting opened after clicking on specific link or buttons within the application from 1st firefox window..

This is working fine on Chrome and Internet explorer with same setup and also was working fine with UFT 12.02 and firefox 36.

0 Likes
Vice Admiral

Weird inconsistencies are always funny to locate. I suspect that the second browser window in Firefox do not have a creation time then (If you spy on it) ?

Then I have no clue actually. Either Mozilla have changed their way of setting attributes, or HPE has introduced a weird 'bug'. How much effort would it be to impleement a small workaround where you identify the second window, in Firefox only, without depending on the creation time to locate it?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.