Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

UFT 12.52 - Sample Flight DB

Jump to solution

I've downloaded the recent version of HP UFT(Version 12.52). I am trying to insert a DB Checkpoint to test the Flight GUI Sample application. I find that the DB (C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Unified Functional Testing\samples\Flights Application\DB\Flights.s3db) is not updated when I create a new order/update an existing order. The changes are not reflected in the DB (neither a new record is inserted nor an existing is updated). 

I am quite new to Automation and am not sure if I am doing something wrong. Is the above mentioned path the actual DB? Kindly advise.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

And for the DB Checkpoint, you'd need to have a SQLite ODBC driver installed.  Once you have that, you can do a database checkpoint but if you use MS Query to build the query there is a small issue where you will get an error that you can dismiss but you won't see the tables in the database.  Once you are in that window you need to click the Options button, and toggle the System Tables (either on or off, it appears that it's the change of this setting that resolves the issue), and then you'll see the tables. 

Or you just just directly put the SQL if you know it.  You can use a SQLite Browser to figure out the SQL.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

That's the original copy of the database.  The one that is used gets put under AppData, but the exact folder would depend on your login id.

Something like:

"C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\UFT\Demo\DB\Flights.s3db"

where Administrator is the id being used in windows.  This is from Windows 2008 server and could vary slightly in other versions of windows.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

And for the DB Checkpoint, you'd need to have a SQLite ODBC driver installed.  Once you have that, you can do a database checkpoint but if you use MS Query to build the query there is a small issue where you will get an error that you can dismiss but you won't see the tables in the database.  Once you are in that window you need to click the Options button, and toggle the System Tables (either on or off, it appears that it's the change of this setting that resolves the issue), and then you'll see the tables. 

Or you just just directly put the SQL if you know it.  You can use a SQLite Browser to figure out the SQL.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you so much! I have the SQLite studio already installed and now it works! 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.