Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

UFT 12.52 Stops Responding in Debug mode

We use VM's for script development.  When in debug mode stepping through a script, UFT will stop responding when loading up a varient, checking property of an object, etc.  Doesn't seem to be a common situation, but UFT enters a running state and will not respond. I also had it 'hang' when UFT is in paused mode. Generally, exiting UFT via program manager and restarting is needed.  I do have the Watch open checking varient status' much of the time, but not always.  It appears if I step slowly, it responds as expected but it will sometimes 'hang' when stepping slowly.  It is frustrating at best.  Is there a solution already available?  Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: UFT 12.52 Stops Responding in Debug mode

Hi Stan_D

Hope you are doing fine today!

Please let us know the following information to understand better your environment.

1. Is this issue only happening with VM's? If so does all your VM's are having the issue or there are some machines working fine?
  2. Is the issue happening with any script or with a specific script?
  3. When UFT hangs, does it happens on a specific line of the script or specific time, or it happens randomly?
  4. Please configure the UFT logs, reproduce the issue and provide us the logs. On the below document you will see how to configure the logs:
    How to enable Unified Functional Testing (UFT) logs?
  5. As troubleshooting please try the following steps and let us know the results:
    1. Close UFT
    2. Click on Star -> Run… -> and write regedit
    3. Navigate to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mercury Interactive and rename the folder QuickTest Professional to QuickTest Professional2
    4. Browse to profile’s application data (Go to the Start menu, select “Run”, type “%appdata%\” and click “Ok”) and rename folder called “Hewlett-Packard” to “Hewlett-Packard.BAK”
    5. Go to control Panel -> HP Unified Functional Testing -> Perform a Repair
    6. Open UFT again and let me know if the issue persist.

“Regards,

Oscar Mendoza| SW Technical Support Consultant.
Functional Testing
Hewlett-Packard (SSO Portal)

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.”
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Try after registering a new version of the pdm.dll as described here (references to pdm.dll are highlighted).

Regards,
Alvaro

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have setup the logs per the instructions, and did the UFT repair as directed.  I will send logs when it hangs again.  I will re-register the  component per the latest instructions.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.